Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Infinity V4 light wind manchine

Postby deniska » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi Dimitri,

Let me start by saying that, I am a huge fan of your riding style and your videos. Keep them coming - they are always fun to watch! :-)

I am pretty sure I tried the latest version of Infinity. 10 minutes is not enough to really test any kite, so take my comments for what they are: just a subjective opinion after 10 minutes of riding.. The kite did look slightly smaller than Ozone Zephyr, so it did feel natural that it would pull a little less.. Both kites seemed sluggish at 9-10kts.. The reason I got to demo the kite was that the owner had problems staying upwind and asked me to check the settings and give it a try. I was able to stay upwind on a small board, but it took a little more effort, comparing to 2014 Zephyr.

As I pointed out already, I was surprised to see that the guy had a suicide setup as he did not look like he was planning to do any unhooked tricks any time soon.
I think it's a little irresponsible to advertise and ship the bar in suicide mode. Yes, the riders should do their homework and they should know better..but, apparently, it's not always the case. I am sorry that I posted a mangled link to the Epic bar page.. As far as I can tell there is very little explanation on the possible ways of safety setup on that EPIC page, so I bet there is going to be more beginners trying their new epic kites with suicide setup, without any need for that. I mostly ride ozone and core, and so far all the bars that I got from them came w/o suicide as factory default..

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello deniska
Once again thank you for taking the time in responding to this topic. I wish I knew what model INFINITY you tried because the new INFINITY V4 has been improved from the V2 and V3 INFINITY. Much faster, goes up wind much better, pops better and jumps way better.

Concerning the XTEND BAR.
The set up the BAR comes out of the bag is on "Kill Switch mode" and "Suicide mode". So both system in one. This is what most of the kite companies do because they want to show that they have 2 system and not just one.

Once again thank you.

P.S. By the way this is me testing the INFINITY V4 against a 21m Foil kite. Both having an epic time kiting in very very very light conditions.
Attachments
DSC_2746 1040.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:16 pm

This is an email I received from a French kiter loving his INFINITY V3. Wait until he tries the V4.
Attachments
Infinity v3.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”