Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity V4 & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 pm

plummet wrote:Does this thread prove that pump me up is in fact supaez?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:08 am

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:Who cares, the video is clipped right before it shows Damian struggling to get back to the beach at 1:10. Dimitri is further out on a SUP and the wind shut off for ????? and the kite fell out of the sky.
Then, at 1:13, the "unedited, untouched video" is magically clipped to show Damo riding out powered and not working the kite- An obvious sign it got quite a bit windier after an untold amount of time. The boat passing in the background is also a no brainer.

Nice edit Enrique Gianello from Windstalkers, who strangely enough happens to be a Cabrinha dealer, has a Cab sponsored son, etc. and probably invited Dimitri to the demo. :rollgrin:
Not very professional dude.

Ignore the Lies...
Ignore the Salesmen...
Ignore the Wind Meters.....

Shut Up And Kite!
But that video came out after Dimitri had published a video of how he could kite but all the cab. Guys were stuck on the beach where he forgot to say anything about how he dropped the kite and got outrun by... A cab guy. So if you want to criticize then don't forget why that can video came out in the first place.

KiloMP
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Great Lakes
Favorite Beaches: Great Lakes
Style: Boost big
Gear: epic
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiloMP » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:01 am

Hahahaha!! Wow.. I don't ride light winds and never tried the infinity but I ride Epic Screamers!!! Anybody selling their older epic kites to update to the 5G?? I'm in need of a 7m screamer but will consider other sizes. Let me know. BS thread!!!!

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:07 am

tautologies wrote:
KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:Who cares, the video is clipped right before it shows Damian struggling to get back to the beach at 1:10. Dimitri is further out on a SUP and the wind shut off for ????? and the kite fell out of the sky.
Then, at 1:13, the "unedited, untouched video" is magically clipped to show Damo riding out powered and not working the kite- An obvious sign it got quite a bit windier after an untold amount of time. The boat passing in the background is also a no brainer.

Nice edit Enrique Gianello from Windstalkers, who strangely enough happens to be a Cabrinha dealer, has a Cab sponsored son, etc. and probably invited Dimitri to the demo. :rollgrin:
Not very professional dude.

Ignore the Lies...
Ignore the Salesmen...
Ignore the Wind Meters.....

Shut Up And Kite!
But that video came out after Dimitri had published a video of how he could kite but all the cab. Guys were stuck on the beach where he forgot to say anything about how he dropped the kite and got outrun by... A cab guy. So if you want to criticize then don't forget why that can video came out in the first place.
So this whole thread is by some cabrinha guy who is mad at demitri for saying he can't ride a cabrinha??? Excuse me but :lol: :lol: :lol:

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:44 am

I have no idea and didn't see the other video. I saw this for the first time a few days ago and posted because it was obviously a Cab dealer who put it on Youtube. I don't really know Enrique, but he is a fairly well known guy here in Fla., supports local events and stuff, so I always held him in high regard. I was pretty shocked to see his name on it.
All this bashing going on by dealers towards another brand (Epic in this case), is not only bad mojo, it can carry some serious legal implications here in the USA. Trying to intentionally harm someone's business makes one liable for damages, and making youtube videos and posting misleading information pretty much guarantees victory for the business being bashed.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:36 am

I dunno if I think it is anyone bashing anything. Actually most of the times when I hear terms like pimp or basher, it is just because people don't know how to respond with an equitable argument and resort to trying to shut people up.

What happened was epic posted a video with a story telling how the infinity was the only kite that could be on the water..this was during the whole kite in 2 knots debacle. Then showing how it was super light and the infinity was kiting...the fact that the kite fell in the ocean and that the cab guy was kiting was never part of that video. The Cab video was posted as a response to that video. I really do not have a stake in this fight, but I thought I'd add some context. Perhaps the cab video would have been posted anyway, but I certainly do not think there is much cross brand inflammation.

terier
Rare Poster
Gear: Lithium 9&12

Postby terier » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:24 am

tautologies wrote:I dunno if I think it is anyone bashing anything. Actually most of the times when I hear terms like pimp or basher, it is just because people don't know how to respond with an equitable argument and resort to trying to shut people up.

What happened was epic posted a video with a story telling how the infinity was the only kite that could be on the water..this was during the whole kite in 2 knots debacle. Then showing how it was super light and the infinity was kiting...the fact that the kite fell in the ocean and that the cab guy was kiting was never part of that video. The Cab video was posted as a response to that video. I really do not have a stake in this fight, but I thought I'd add some context. Perhaps the cab video would have been posted anyway, but I certainly do not think there is much cross brand inflammation.
Well, if that video is not bashing I don't know what is.
Starting "some claims have being made" , see the new angle, "uncut", "unedited" video. That is not just BS, that's plain mean low. I can not even find a word in my vocabulary to express how low that video was. Putting someone down to make yourself look better. First time I seen cab video I was like 'yes, I knew it - I need big board and big kite' but after it was posted xy times I watch it again and realized just how uncut and unedited it was. Shame

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:11 pm

tautologies wrote:I dunno if I think it is anyone bashing anything. Actually most of the times when I hear terms like pimp or basher, it is just because people don't know how to respond with an equitable argument and resort to trying to shut people up.

No, it is bashing. Just like the name of this thread. Someone going out of their way to hurt another companies business and reputation is exactly what this thread is. Whats even worse is they post a video trying to make Demitri look bad. Any kite could fall out of the sky during light winds, it's going to happen. But this person took that and blew it way out of proportion.

It sucks to see kiting companies bashing other companies. We should be working together not fighting.

UPDATE: The person who posted that video is enrique gianello, who owns Windstalkers kiteboarding in naples. So I guess he's not a cabrinha owner, he's a dealer. Very unprofessional, and very very stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a couple of negative reviews on his kiteboarding website.
Last edited by LetsFlyaKite on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Thanks for the info Taut. :thumb:

I think Dimitri gets picked on more because he's a smaller company and manages most of it himself, a few cultural/ language differences, and that he's far more of a kiter than a salesman. I met him a couple of times and personality wise, he's a cheerful guy and quite funny, which is the kind of kiters I like to hang out with. :thumb:
There's no denying he lives and breathes kiting 24/7 and loves it. Wouldn't these haters be doing the same thing if they were living their dream? These anonymous clowns do all this hatin' over someone else's dreams and success, just to show how much of a tool they actually are. :rollgrin:

This sport went from grabbing whatever kite and "Sharing The Stoke" with your bros, to having to carefully select your next quiver based on which "Tool of the Month Club" you'll be assigned to.....:lol:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:59 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote: They post a video trying to make Dimitri look bad.
Any kite could fall out of the sky during light winds, it's going to happen.
But this person took that and blew it way out of proportion.
Video late November 2012 was to give an other vantage point other than just D.'s version

The kite (that supposedly flies in 2-4kn) fell out of the sky...but that story does not end there

D. made up an elaborate story explaining that it was not the lull that got the best out of his V3

Went on saying that he slipped off SUP... fell in water waist to chest deep and lines slacked
Took the blame on himself to save his LW baby...( just can't have his creation fail him in 2-4 )

New flash.. "all made up"... clear that he never lost his balance watching both videos together
And everybody in D.'s camp bought it....of course...superstar with dry T-shirt would not lie to us

Just sayin.. that it is why we busted his dry balls inside his dry Board shorts about this

Some of us expose BULLSH**TERS
Funny thing is that we are called haters.....when we are simply exposing the 100% truth

Then in December 2012 we had our little challenge
After V3's defeat he made up a few lies about me that explained how i cheated to beat V3
Once again it could not be his kite's fault...and everyone in superstar D.'s camp bought it

Bulls**t coming out of his mouth when things don't go his way
Several of us are well aware of his behavior

That is why threads like this are good to read
It gives an additional vantage point
Comes across like a very nice guy.....until things don't go his way...then watch out

M.

Return to “Kitesurfing”