Forum for kitesurfers
Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: WTF? What's going on at Core?

Postby Starsky » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:10 pm

I guess you probably shouldn't buy one!

P.S. one freestyle champion on an SLE out of all the years of freestyle championships is pretty much the exception to the rule!

One or two 5 line free ride kites from one manufacturer is also an exception to the fact that virtually all other 5 line kites are competition C kites.

Every major brand on the market has one. Of all of those, the vast majority are 5 line. Those that aren't have a bridle or weird split support to the LE. The fuel and the extract are the only ones that run straight 4 line, no bridle. Again, exceptions to a rule. All brands that don't have a C kite in their line up are smaller players. Even Cab has two now, and yes, their inclusion in the market is purely about performance.

You have a kite mare story with a 5th line. Good for you. Get over it. No one is peddling 5 line C kites to beginners. There are plenty of big boys and girls out there with the sense to make up their own minds. If your better suited to a 4 line free ride kite, then your in luck. There are a few on the market. Spare me your weak ass arguments that they are simply not needed on the basis of performance as clearly the performance oriented core of the sport disagree.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:26 pm

PinkNorthPride wrote:
OnB wrote:I tried to provide a complete list above, but I missed a few.
NaishTorch, North Vegas, LF HiFiX, Best GP, Switch Combat, RRD Obsession Pro in the 5 line C kite list.
North Rebel in the 5 line freeride all-arounder category.
Who knows any other 5 line kites I missed?
Well obviously there's another in the list with the new Core model which is what the fuss is about
The AirBunny said that Core products were obviously way out of my league, so I thought it best if I just ignored that one. :no1:

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Frank82 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:54 pm

I lol every time I see someone ride Core, there's the team riders who can make any kite work, a few people who know what they do and then there's the droves of kooks who fly them (especially ze germans).

Just yesterday when I landed my kite another guy landed his Core XRsomething straight into a garbage bin, nice big hole in the super durable 'core-tex'.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:11 pm

I think of Core as the European Cabrinha.

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:53 pm

European Cabrinha? WTF is that then? Is that some other brand of deliberately over priced tut aimed at folk who wrongly think if they pay enough it must be good/safe/the best (delete as appropriate).

Core stuff has come down in price in the UK recently, at least the build quality coming out of Sri Lanka, does warrant the money. I've no idea who airbunny is or why he'd suggest they're out of your league, do you live in a dumpster or something?

Off topic and completely red herring, but didn't we have a conversation some while back about dogs, you own staffies or am I mistaken?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:54 pm

PinkNorthPride wrote:
Westozzy wrote:Righto wasn't going to say anything but your obsessed rants have FINNALLY given me the shits.

I fly the 2015 dynos by far the best wing I've ever flown for what I do and that's a so called horrendous five line kite (you can fly on 4 but not recommended).

I guarantee you I've ridden more kites than you over my 16 seasons. Two line all the way up to five. High Y, low Y, in between bloody Y, single line flag, double line flag, multiple brands, multiple types of kites....Who gives a Fck.

If the kite fits right for you it doesn't matter how many bloody lines it has. You learn, you adapt to whatever setup it has. It's the wing that counts and how you use it.
Obsessed Rants? Oh dear me, is that what they are? And there was me thinking I was handing out a little sage advice along with a chat about what's going on at Core. Now I'm sure you've had plenty of experience, although the fact you still are happy to ride five lines leads me to doubt that, but whatever - benefit of the doubt duly given, but guarantee? I wouldn't be so bold to suggest that to someone on an international forum like this, especially if I had no idea who the heck I'm even talking with, forgive me if that all came out ranty, it wasn't meant to. I will in turn forgive you for thinking you might have flown more stuff than I and to do that you would have had to fly a shedload of shit over a very very long time and experience of kites? You'd have to trace right back to Jacobs Ladder, have met Corey Roesler experimenting by the side of the water in 1991, no, I don't think you go anything like back far enough nor flown even half, but there, lets not wave willies or see how far up the wall we can pee, lets just accept each others point of view and beg to differ. You don't mind them, I hate them, the world can accommodate both of us it doesn't make either of us right or wrong.

Sage advice? Sounds like me you just have a serious axe to grind regarding North. I'm not so sure the fifth versus fourth was truly
Front and centre in your argument. Your performance comparison is flawed and incorrect. be honest one is not better than another but some kites work with five lines versus four simple. Safety, pros and cons on either side. But all this is irrelevant as your main target to demonish was North on a core thread. Bad form. But yes of course your opinion is allowed and so you have mine as well. Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the grey area hey.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:29 am

PinkNorthPride wrote:European Cabrinha? WTF is that then? Is that some other brand of deliberately over priced tut aimed at folk who wrongly think if they pay enough it must be good/safe/the best (delete as appropriate).

Core stuff has come down in price in the UK recently, at least the build quality coming out of Sri Lanka, does warrant the money. I've no idea who Airbunny is or why he'd suggest they're out of your league, do you live in a dumpster or something?

Off topic and completely red herring, but didn't we have a conversation some while back about dogs, you own Staffies or am I mistaken?
I would say your first statement above is right on the money.

The Airbunny is a late middle aged chick from Germany that lives at a beach in Brazil, and keeps a husband somewhere far away.
She tends to make random wild left field statements and/or exclamations aimed at informing or whatever and usually gets blasted by several people here who find her posts very regularly worthy of ridicule.
I no longer live in a dumpster, I've raised my status a bit from that but probably not high enough to consider Cabrinha or Core in my future.

Yes, I am the proud owner of an American Pit Bull Terrier dog (Staffie, Amstaff, Pit, Pitbull, Pittie, APBT) and have a habit of rescuing dogs of that breed and then fostering/training them and then finding them good forever homes with nice families.

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:31 am

I took one quick scan thru this thread, and I'll bet 20 bucks that Airbunny is SupaEZ. :D

Carry on. :thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 am

KiteboardingTampaBay wrote:I took one quick scan thru this thread, and I'll bet 20 bucks that Airbunny is SupaEZ. :D

Carry on. :thumb:
Internet pals...yes.
Kindered spirits with very similar views on how they fit into the world...for sure.
Same person....no.
But I can see how a guy might get that impression! :D

KiteboardingTampaBay
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tampa Bay area
Brand Affiliation: School owner,Kiteboarding Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Kiteboarding Association
Freak Dog Kites

Postby KiteboardingTampaBay » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:51 am

I didn't bother looking Airbunny up, I just know our dearly deleted friend would never miss a chance to talk about Core. :rollgrin:

That was my first impression when I read his/her posts and I'm sticking to it. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”