naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

rrd religion 2015 and global bar V6

Postby naishdude » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

hi
80 kg..directionals 5'8 27l lightwind airusu cypher
5'6. highwind

looking for a range from 11knts to 35knts
rrd religion in 12 9 7 5 m is what l am looking at besides some others
any idea if this range would fit the needs?
why religion, because l heard of light barpressure is this the fact?

how about their global bar ...V6. is it a single frontline flagout?

any advice from real users..?

thx

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: rrd religion 2015 and global bar V6

Postby Onda » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Religion 2013 / 2014 have medium bar pressure, definitely not light.
I wouldn´t buy a Religion larger than 9 or 10 m² due to their weight. 50 % of the whole canopy consists of Dacron, these guys are really heavy. Not good for lighter winds, in my opinion.

For me, one of the best options in 10 m² for waves is the Bandit(7). Very light bar pressure, very fast turning, very nice control. But it sometimes front stalls, unfortunately. Not nice :evil: Maybe the later Bandits have improved here?

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Onda wrote:Religion 2013 / 2014 have medium bar pressure, definitely not light.
I wouldn´t buy a Religion larger than 9 or 10 m² due to their weight. 50 % of the whole canopy consists of Dacron, these guys are really heavy. Not good for lighter winds, in my opinion.

For me, one of the best options in 10 m² for waves is the Bandit(7). Very light bar pressure, very fast turning, very nice control. But it sometimes front stalls, unfortunately. Not nice :evil: Maybe the later Bandits have improved here?
hi Onda
first of all thx...l have watched Gleiten tv as far as l understood the religions 2015have a very light barpressure (problem with my fingers)...the bigger sizes (12 and 10.5have been manufactured into a lighther version of canopy)
thx
dude :cool2:

spacemonkey
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby spacemonkey » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello,

i have that quiver (5/7/9/12), 78kg
i've been using rrd religion since the 2013 model and the 2015 model bar pressure is light. And yes the bigger models have been tuned to be lighter than before. The 12 is nice, but 5/7/9 are phenomenal , really good feel, in my opinion difficult to make better.

The bar is simple, but does what it needs to do, absolutely no wear at all on it.

hope this helps

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:30 pm

naishdude wrote: how about their global bar ...V6. is it a single frontline flagout?
No, it's a dual line roll-over safety.
I bought one a few weeks ago (together with the 8m) but still haven't had the opportunity to use it. The materials seem very good and lines super rigid, which I like.

It's my understanding that for 2015 the religions (mkv) 9m and up are not only a bit lighter, but also have a different shape and planform (a bit flatter arc and narrower wingtips, sort of delta shaped) than the smaller sizes, but I could be wrong.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:19 pm

thx Lobodomar, ooch...that is no so good dual frontline safety.imagine at 35knts.......it all depends on the bridle, would a bar with one frontline safety work on it?....then l would keep my old bars.

@Spacemonkey
thx spacemonkey!

thx

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:51 pm

naishdude wrote:.......it all depends on the bridle, would a bar with one frontline safety work on it?.
A bar with a single-line flag system will usually work fine with a kite designed to flag onto 2 lines. The opposite is incompatible.

RRD's bar adjusts to 45cm or 56cm. For single-line safety systems, all of these 2015 bars should work fine with RRD kites...
45cm bars = Airush, Epic, Naish, Ozone, Switch, Core, Crazyfly, Wainman, Cabrinha, Liquid Force
56cm = Cabrinha, Liquid Force, North
(some of the bars above have adjustable width, the others are fixed)

One thing to note is that the front line V-point can vary among the brands. RRD kites are tuned with a high V-point, so you may experience some negative effects from bars with lower V-points. You'll have to experiment of do some extensive research to see what's closest to RRD's bar specs.

Airush (2013&older), Cabrinha (2013&older), Core (2014&older), North (2014&older) are all 2-line systems, so avoid these if you want single-line safety.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:26 pm

Da Yoda wrote:
naishdude wrote:.......it all depends on the bridle, would a bar with one frontline safety work on it?.
A bar with a single-line flag system will usually work fine with a kite designed to flag onto 2 lines. The opposite is incompatible.

RRD's bar adjusts to 45cm or 56cm. For single-line safety systems, all of these 2015 bars should work fine with RRD kites...
45cm bars = Airush, Epic, Naish, Ozone, Switch, Core, Crazyfly, Wainman, Cabrinha, Liquid Force
56cm = Cabrinha, Liquid Force, North
(some of the bars above have adjustable width, the others are fixed)

One thing to note is that the front line V-point can vary among the brands. RRD kites are tuned with a high V-point, so you may experience some negative effects from bars with lower V-points. You'll have to experiment of do some extensive research to see what's closest to RRD's bar specs.

Airush (2013&older), Cabrinha (2013&older), Core (2014&older), North (2014&older) are all 2-line systems, so avoid these if you want single-line safety.
I have Switch V2 low/deep V connection.
I thought ( not sure) from what l have seen on some RRD bar pictures, it looked like the pully of the depower where your powerlines are connected, was pretty deep...but again not sure.
Thx for the documented explanation!

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:16 am

anybody has a real world review from these kites and especially the bar as there seems to be some problems with the flagout system?

lobodomar
Frequent Poster

Postby lobodomar » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:44 pm

RRD kites are tuned with a high V-point, so you may experience some negative effects from bars with lower V-points.
One thing to consider is that the rrd bar comes with 23m lines.
And if you use the Switch bar without extensions, with the standard 20m lines, then your split will be 3m closer to the kite than if the Switch bar also came with 23m lines.

So using the Switch bar with 20m lines you should actually get almost the same bridle toe-in as using the rrd bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”