Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2016 Ozone Catalyst

Forum for kitesurfers
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2016 Ozone Catalyst

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:56 am

I fully agree with what Ozone is doing. The Catalyst is a great all around kite i still really enjoy after kiteboarding for 15 years, and running 40+ student kite camps. We noticed for full on inexperienced beginners it could back stall when pulling the bar in full power, or be tricky to relaunch in lighter winds. Full info on the Catalyst V1 Beginner/Intermediate should be out any day.

Pierrot
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 80
Gear: Aluula Roam 10m, North neo 10m, 7m, 5m
Hydrofoil Ketos,
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Pierrot » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:48 pm

Is the enduro a foil or inflatable?
Heard about a foil kite....

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Westozzy wrote:Ozone have a world class wave kite, arguably the best lei race kite (which has some freeride potential no doubt but has its limitations in this arena being a highly tuned wing) nd a solid C kite, but lack a higher end freeride kite to compare with the likes of say the dice, rpm, FX etc. that the intermediate to advanced layman can get their teeth into. (Sure good riders can make any kite look amazing even the cat). Nothing wrong with the cat no doubt but it falls short in all areas compared to the kites mentioned above. I said three years ago this was an issue (and was attacked from all sides on my local forum from vested interests.

It's good to be vindicated. Ozone are doing the right thing here, it makes sense to me as it did when the first cat with the changes come out. As I said they need to get the C4 and dial it down, not the other way around. That's what the other brands have done and they have done it well.

Hehehhe... Yes we did say there was a gap and the seabreaze ozone fan brigade bashed us hard at the time.

I recon the edge will morph into a freeride kite over time. Foils have now taken the racing scene over. What's the point having a racing lei that's not used for racing? Maybe in a couple of years time we'll have a little chortle when the freeride version of the edge is released. ?

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:53 pm

The Enduro is a LEI.

I hope the Edge stays as is and the Enduro becomes the freeride Edge. The Edge is my boosting kite. It's more than just a race kite to me.

- Stafford
www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 am

droffats wrote:The Enduro is a LEI.

I hope the Edge stays as is and the Enduro becomes the freeride Edge. The Edge is my boosting kite. It's more than just a race kite to me.

- Stafford
www.adventurekiteboarding.com

The enduro will be ozones answer to the 3 strut hybrid C category (diced, rpm, FX) etc as it has always been. There are different categories within 'freeride' and sure if all you want to do on the edge is go big, boost, glide...lets hope they do keep the edge as it is.

Plummet I agree, we could see these race leis morph back into the freeride spectrum more. Built tougher, slightly less efficiency for more stability, and less sensitivity at the bar throw for more adventurous stuff while you are up there,

Return to “Kitesurfing”