Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2016 NP Surf S1 Tracker and Halo spreader bars...

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

2016 NP Surf S1 Tracker and Halo spreader bars...

Postby shawn13 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 am

What are the thoughts on these two new spreader bar systems?

This spreader bar has a pivoting hook

This spreader bar replaces the hook with a loop

pākihiroa
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2016 NP Surf S1 Tracker and Halo spreader bars...

Postby pākihiroa » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:28 am

My thoughts are:

Both these bars look very interesting and I wish I had discovered them earlier.

I can't understand why there haven't been any replies to your post and yet there are multi-page threads on home made sliding spreader bars, getting rid of the chicken loop, getting the chicken loop closer to the body, and so on.

I can't understand why Neil Pryde don't market these under the Cabrinha brand instead of burying them on the Neil Pryde web site. Seems like that would generate a lot more buzz (and revenue). I mean how many kite surfers without a windsurfing background have even heard of Neil Pryde ?

Maybe the ultimate configuration would be the tracker pivot with the halo hook…..

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:40 pm

Some more incredible innovation from the brand that gave you 2 foot springs on control bars. Living proof good marketing can sell anything.

pākihiroa
Medium Poster

Postby pākihiroa » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:46 am

foilholio wrote:Some more incredible innovation from the brand that gave you 2 foot springs on control bars. Living proof good marketing can sell anything.
The spring works great. For those of us without long arms it keeps the control bar always within easy reach. And nothing flaps around. I am glad they retained it for 2016 and, putting money where mouth is, yesterday I just picked it over the new cleat system for my new purchase.

Sure Cabrinha/NP has good marketing. Most successful companies do. But at least they back that up by offering customers some real alternatives, the spring, the new bar options being examples.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:08 am

Wow that's some serious turd polishing you got going there. Whats your relation to the company? If your just a regular user that's sad beyond belief. No one with half a clew wants to ride that god awful contraption. All Cabrinhas pro riders jumped ship as soon as the option was provided.

As for this spreader bar. NP has the resources to do so much better. Which makes the mee too crap each year even more disappointing. Add to the fact there already exists many better options they could mee too and improve, but choose not to. I should just blame the users as they are the ones funding this rubbish.

pākihiroa
Medium Poster

Postby pākihiroa » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:23 am

foilholio wrote:Wow that's some serious turd polishing you got going there. Whats your relation to the company? If your just a regular user that's sad beyond belief. No one with half a clew wants to ride that god awful contraption. All Cabrinhas pro riders jumped ship as soon as the option was provided.
Wow that's some serious hating you have going there. What's your beef with Cabrinha? Maybe you're working for a competitor. Since you asked, I am just a regular user, a happy Cabrinha customer overall, and I suspect likely a happier person than you. Had a great day on the water today. Sun shining, wind blowing, all my gear working great. Felt good to be alive. The funny thing though is that I could trim my new kite just fine despite, as I have just learned, it being saddled with a God-awful contraption that none of Cabrinha's pro riders, and I suppose by extension all those pro rider wannabes and posers out there, would be caught dead with. So maybe the blissful ignorance that comes from having only half a clue is not such a bad thing.

Sure Cabrinha are not perfect. Took them forever to get a decent QR (and that looks like a knock off from North if not others). They had to recall their lines one year. And so on. I am sure other brands do certain things better for certain people, and likely for me as well. But I am also sure that Cabrinha don't deserve the level of vitriol that you are piling onto them.
foilholio wrote:As for this spreader bar. NP has the resources to do so much better. Which makes the mee too crap each year even more disappointing. Add to the fact there already exists many better options they could mee too and improve, but choose not to. I should just blame the users as they are the ones funding this rubbish.
Love to see you make some suggestions of how they could do so much better. Or better still, start your own business. If you can make and sell something that is clearly superior to Cabrinha (or North, Ozone, OR, Epic, Slingshot, etc) then I will be first in line to buy. But good luck trying to survive without marketing. And watch out for all those knockers when you make it to number one. They just come with the territory apparently.

And thanks for keeping this thread alive. While it is alive there remains the chance that someone who has actually used these bars will post something informative. Because I am curious to learn how they compare with something like a Jay bar.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada

Postby shawn13 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 am

pākihiroa wrote:While it is alive there remains the chance that someone who has actually used these bars will post something informative. Because I am curious to learn how they compare with something like a Jay bar.
Yes, i just want to know if someone has seen/used these and how well they works.

droffats
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride, Hdrofoil, Waves, Big Air
Gear: Ozone, Ocean Rodeo, Cabrinha, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: www.adventurekiteboarding.com

Postby droffats » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:24 pm

We've had them on order, haven't arrived yet. I don't think anyone has production versions yet.

- Stafford
www.adventurekiteboarding.com

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:27 pm

shawn13 wrote:
pākihiroa wrote:While it is alive there remains the chance that someone who has actually used these bars will post something informative. Because I am curious to learn how they compare with something like a Jay bar.
Yes, i just want to know if someone has seen/used these and how well they works.
Damien LeRoy showed us the Tracker this weekend at the demo event. Very nice simple system. He said he uses it on all disciplines.He rode surfboard ,Foil (Double Agent) and a TT with the Tracker over a couple days at Bluffers Park and Cherry Beach. We should be getting them shortly.

:thumb:

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron

Postby shawn13 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 am

I'm bumping this to see if there is any new rider info...

Return to “Kitesurfing”