Where to Sell Second Hand Kites?

Forum for kitesurfers
skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Re: Where to Sell Second Hand Kites?

Postby skullcandy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:47 pm

DannehDan wrote:I'm thinking of possibly selling my kite but don't know where to start

I have a 2010 Best Kahoona 11.5 complete with lines and a Dakine Storm seat harness. The kite has had one small repair and has been flown since - on the whole the kite hasn't been used that much.

I've been told the best place to sell it is eBay but I'm unsure as to how much the kit is worth so don't want to get rinsed for the price

Any help would be greatly appreciated
My quick assessment without seeing condition is your gear is worth about $300-$400 complete. You can also do a search on line on the other sites mentioned to see what the general value is.

For ebay, offer free shipping. It goes a long way and if selling domestically in USA, its usually like $25. I charge a flat $50 internationally.

ikitesurf works well but get ready for endless emails from scammers. Just ignore them... any true buyer will ask you to send pics or will ask kite questions. If you get emails that say "What is your last best offer price?" just delete the email. Don't waste your time.

Funny - this (KF) seems like a nice place for second hand but of all the kites ive sold, I've never had one inquiry let alone a sale from this site. 50/50 ebay and ikitesurf. Never from here and stuff is always priced well. hmmmmm

When not using ebay - always use Paypal (ebay requires paypal). No exceptions or you will be scammed and screwed. DO NOT SHIP until you get paid.

if you are patience (e.g. you don't need the money immediately) start your price at the higher market level and see what happens and reduce it every 15 days in $25 increments.

The market will ultimately determine the price - but since your gear is old(er) I wouldnt be holding out for a lot. You can also do an auction but if it sells for $80... that's it. Gotta accept it and move on.

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where to Sell Second Hand Kites?

Postby Regis-de-giens » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Could we share (here or on other topic if already existing) ; the most famous market place for each country to sell / buy a second hand kite ? what I know and uses :
- France : https://www.leboncoin.fr (the reference) and http://kitefoil.forumactif.org/f20-occa ... e-kitesurf for hydrofoil stuffs
- Italy : https://www.adessokite.com
- worldwide : viewforum.php?f=4 :D

I would be interested to know for other main european countries (Germany, England, Greece)

Return to “Kitesurfing”