Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kiteforum.com 4.0 - new website update coming soon

Forum for kitesurfers
KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: kiteforum.com 4.0 - new website update coming soon

Postby KYLakeKiter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:05 pm

alamos_kiter wrote:
KYLakeKiter wrote:
alamos_kiter wrote:BraCuru is hardly your proper name if you're from Poland. Sounds more like a place in Brasil? So why don't you disclose your name, surname, address, email, mobile number, credit card number, age, picture, pic of your dog, boat, wife, and car?
Seems weird that you are after BraCuru about anonymity. That is his business name (Bracuru Foilboards), so it is much less anonymous than most.

I'm all for the "like" button Toby. Saves people from having to do the +1 post just to agree with what someone said.
You see, I had no idea who or what Bracuru is. Didn't google it, and I just wanted to make a point, not going after him (or her), nor interested in who she or he is. If he presented himself as Bracuru foilboards, I would take he's selling foilboards. That's cool. If he's Bracuru, well, he's just Bracuru isn't he, which is good enough for me.
Fair enough, but if you have no interest in who someone is, you don't have much context on what they say. For every discussion on the forum, there is some consideration as to who you are speaking to.

I am sure that we all take a moment to at least check the profile of a poster when they say something that catches our interest either positive or negative. Beyond the profile, we only have what someone has previously posted which creates their identity on the forum.

As downunder stated, we can all put our real names and any information we want on the forum. In todays environment, that is probably not too smart for anyone other than a business.

I like that the forum gives the full range of options from full anonymity to complete disclosure. Whatever works for you. :thumb:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 98 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:15 pm

There will be an interesting option with the update.

Since it is a forum software and a seperate community software, the login is a bit different.
While we use the registration data from the forum, you need to login extra with the used email and password. The username will not be displayed, and you can use your real name if you prefer.
So there will be no connection between the two. Only I could see it if I wanted, but won't pass any info on to a third party.

But using your real name can be a benefit for the tools in the community part to meet other people.

Since it is your choice, you can decide it.

And we don't pass on any data for commercial use to anyone else.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:36 pm

Toby wrote:It's always a big question, what is bettering or a forum...anonymity or using real names.

If majority is up for using their names, then we could change that.

But this the users would need to decide with a poll.
You cannot think that having a publicly searchable forum using real names is a good idea... and how would you prove what someones real name actually is?

Its silly to even consider it, even Facebook cannot prove identities, several of the people I know on Facebook use aliases.
At least with Facebook I can control what different people see. I certainly would not want my current/future employer searching my name and seeing all the time I spend posting here without any privacy settings to manage that.

So if you want me to use my real name no problem... good luck proving it.

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.
Been thanked: 0

Postby alamos_kiter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Options are good. If somebody wants to use the forum for business, he will want to be recognized. If not, not. That's a fair deal.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:19 pm

alamos_kiter wrote:Options are good. If somebody wants to use the forum for business, he will want to be recognized. If not, not. That's a fair deal.
Isn't that what we have already... we choose the name we want to use...

alamos_kiter
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: yes, I use gear.

Postby alamos_kiter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Yep :D and now stop laughing, man

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:56 pm

checked some things.

Youtube and Vimeo links have to be exact like before. Couldn't find any add on that solves that issue...if someone knows, please let me know. But the format is easy...you did it once, and you know it, plus the mouse over on the according button shows exactly how it should look like.

Great is, that you can upload several pictures at once...right now you can only upload one at a time...will save quiet some time.

We will also use the classic layout...so messages will be on left, user info on right side for a more fluent read thru. And the user's profile info, like gear, affiliation, local spots will be shown on the right side to easily know more about a person (if they added that info).

More soon.

awo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ilhabela, ubatuba
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara, prea, barra grande piaui
Style: Begginer freestyle
Gear: core, naish, rrd and flysurferu
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby awo » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:21 pm

I dont know what I am doing wrong but I cant download kiteforum in apple store( not available) here in brasil, to my Ipad

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:45 pm

The app is outdated and will not be updated.

All parts of the new kite forum will be responsive, meaning it will work on all devices.

I found the updating stuff annoying. Much better with responsive design!

BraCuru
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Grzybowo, Kołobrzeg, Polish Baltic Coast
Favorite Beaches: Polish Baltic Beach
Style: foilboarding
Gear: Flysurfer Souls, Moses Hydrofoil, BraCuru Boards
Brand Affiliation: Moses HF

Postby BraCuru » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:18 pm

Toby wrote:Youtube and Vimeo links have to be exact like before. Couldn't find any add on that solves that issue...if someone knows, please let me know. But the format is easy...you did it once, and you know it, plus the mouse over on the according button shows exactly how it should look like.
Toby - with all respect but you have to be living on a different solar system : :wink:
I will send you the add on pm soon :allbegood:
On the Polish foilforum you just click VIDEO app and that's it! One click and all popular video formats are posted as normal screen.
No youtube, vimeo, movie, kiteforumtv or other unnecessary items. Make it simple please!
and it is not easy as you believe. especially for those who do not upload videos on regular basis.

Return to “Kitesurfing”