Toby wrote:but it looks exactly like mine, but it uses the link in a different format.
It looks the same but it works different for me. Maybe you got it working differently.
However I checked in Chrome and IE and in both cases it looks like that:
In a case of foilforum:
- highlight an entire link
- click VIDEO icon. Done in 3 seconds
In a case of your forum:
- highlight an entire link,
- click YT icon for youtube files,
- click VIMEO icon for vimeo files, etc for other formats,
- edit the link manually - for the vimeo links you need to add some letters - always forget which ones
if I am not wrong you need to add into the original address "www" and delete "s" in "htpps"
(the original vimeo link looks like this: https://vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxxxxx
and you need to change it into: http://www.vimeo.com/xxxxxxxxxxxx
- click PREVIEW to check if I was right editing - usually I am wrong so I need to repeat above step till success,
- click SUBMIT to post it in the correct format. Done in 3... minutes
Imagine that a new user needs to post vimeo link and he has no clue about that trap.
In most cases they gave up and leave just a link in a post.
What happens if you add the link with www? Will it work?
Funny is that you do not need to think about it. Just add any popular video format link and click VIDEO. Done!
You do not need to check if it is http or https or www or 2www or whatever.