***OFFICIAL 24 HR NOTICE***
Here's the situation, all models are pointing to very weak winds on Saturday and it does not look possible to run a kiteboarding clinic. Hooked on Kiteboarding will be out hosting a demo in case the winds do come up, but it is looking to be a very wet weekend with a 60% chance of rain both days.
Alternatively we do have McCormick's cable park in Tampa that you could ride and warm up for the competition on Sunday. Rates are $25 for 1 hour up to $50 for the day. http://mccormicks.kangamarketing.com/?page_id=62
For FSU and other clubs making a long drive over I don't want to promise anything I can't deliver on and I want all the beginners to get a quality kiting experience.
I think it would be best to postpone till Sunday and have all competitive riders arrive no later than 10am. There is plenty of room for free-riders to attend who do not want to compete but to make the best use of our time we should focus on getting through the heats and finishing before we run out of sunlight (5:30pm). If worse comes to worst then we will use the jetski for the kicker and slider competition.
Final thought is to push the event back after Thanksgiving or early December, but I know it will be much tougher to compete with the holiday and finals.
Please voice any questions or concerns below.
Final Notice tomorrow at noon