Appletree Malus Domestica 4'11 / Luke's Leaf 4'9 / Appleflap noseless 5'1
Brand Affiliation: Appletree/Cabrinha

Re: Don't show us your hook

Postby peppedurso » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:35 am

rynhardt wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:04 am
peppedurso wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:28 pm
You guys are very right! It's always good to check your release. What I was also concerned about we're the two little bits on the side of the metal part of the release. They bite a bit the rope and I thought could wear it earlier than expected. That's the reason I protected it with red heat shrinkable pipe. Antal ring looks just a bit small but I'll test it and decide if it's the case of changing it. Would appreciate your comments about it.
Generally the pelican style releases have a metal ring to avoid the wear on the rope you mention above. I'm surprised to see a rope (albeit with tape) used directly. Does it come from the factory like this?
Not at all,I custom made this. Used rope on metal in the past (cabrinha bar 2014) with no sign of wear. There is not much friction in that part of connection.

Return to “Kitesurfing”