Ocean Rodeo Infinite Bar - any reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
rretzlaff
Rare Poster
Gear: Caution
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Infinite Bar - any reviews?

Postby rretzlaff » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:30 am

Thanks all for your comments.

OR - Will ping you to see if we can set up an opportunity to give the bar a go. I would like to give it a run with my kites to see how it works.

cheers,

r

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:33 am

rretzlaff wrote:Thanks all for your comments.

OR - Will ping you to see if we can set up an opportunity to give the bar a go. I would like to give it a run with my kites to see how it works.

cheers,

r
Sounds good! Be sure to let me know what kites you are using too so I can be sure to provide best advice as to what pigtail combos you would need...

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:52 pm

ORSales wrote:Norcom, drop me an email or PM and let's get that old bar swapped out for the new Control Bar. Can't do a direct swap due to the use / age of the bar you have but I will do something good for you to get you using a bar you like with a safety system you are confident in.

Regarding Mad World and the sense that he is making sponsored posts... man, I wish! Ha... our company doesn't provide any incentives to 'pimp' on the forums, rather - we just try our best to keep customers happy and we ask that they spread the word.

To answer your concerns re: eject. I would ask / suggest that you try ejecting the bar again. We found the older release cuff easy to eject. The only thought I have is that it's likely that due to your tangle the bar somehow was limiting the travel of the release.

Of note: all of our bars - older style release and newer release on the Control Bar - feature cuffs that can be released even when the bar is jammed up against the cuff. This is important as some brands continue to sell cuffs that will not release if the bar is some how jammed up against the bar.

Now, onto the Infinite Trim bar and the OP - As the name implies, the bar has near infinite trim ability. It is best for use in the surf when you want the longest possible throw. As Norcom points out it relies on a 2 line roll over depower. This system has worked well for us for 6+ years but there are detractors out there who prefer front line single re-ride which is why we introduced the Control Bar.

Retzlaff, if you get in touch with me I can connect you with a local dealer who likely would be able to let you demo the bar. It is a very basic bar but we look at this as a strength. The price is lower as a result, the parts are easily maintained and replaced and the eject is very simple to re-set when on the water...

John Z

ORSales, thank you for the generous offer! I'm currently good on bars though. :thumb:

I pulled the bar out yesterday, it looks brand new. I tried the QR and it works. As for personal preference, it's still not as fast as some of my other qr's due to the length of the pin. Maybe one day I'll retrofit it with a different qr of my liking.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:12 pm

norcom wrote: ORSales, thank you for the generous offer! I'm currently good on bars though. :thumb:

I pulled the bar out yesterday, it looks brand new. I tried the QR and it works. As for personal preference, it's still not as fast as some of my other qr's due to the length of the pin. Maybe one day I'll retrofit it with a different qr of my liking.
Sounds good... If / when you decide to do so, you will likely need a new trim line, we have those parts readily available.

John

rretzlaff
Rare Poster

Postby rretzlaff » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:34 pm

So one guy loves it....another will never use it again....surely there are others out there that use this bar and have some thoughts on it. Even if you use it without any issues and don't have much to say, that would be helpful.

cheers,

tommeltot
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: .

Postby tommeltot » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:09 pm

I have been using the Ocean Rodeo (OR) 'Infinate Surf ' formally 'Freeride' bar since 2008. I'm a big fan of the below the bar trim because I like the extended throw with little need to micro-tune the trim line during my session/s. In other words, I mean I rarely have to pull the trim line in save for top end wind, particularly during launching and landing. I lean towards wave riding these days and don't unhook. The Infinate bar is clutter free and simplistic for this discipline in particular. I have no need for single line flag out. I find that if I drop the bar the kite is simple to recover with the pulley system incorporated in the roll-over bridle and has negligible pull. I can't comment on any chicken loop release issues on the water because I've not had the need to release it on the water for ages. What I will say is that I will release it after every session when rinsing my bar and lines in fresh water and I've not encountered any difficulty/concern that it'd fail me in an emergency situation.
I will upgrade my faithful 7m Rise soon and will no doubt add an Infinate Surf bar though I have to say I love my 40cm bar (complete with roll-over bridle upgrade of course) from 2008!
I hope my 2 penneth worth helps?
Cheers
Andy

rretzlaff
Rare Poster

Postby rretzlaff » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:46 pm

thanks for your 2 pens

zig zag
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cook St Victoria BC Canada
Favorite Beaches: Nitinat Lake, Cook St
Style: Free
Gear: 5/7/9.5/12 Prodigy, 8 Razor
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby zig zag » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:58 pm

The Infinite surf bar is my favorite bar and have been riding them for the 4-5 years.

the btb depower works great and is easy to access while sheeting out... I tried the newest control bar and didn't like the reach required to grab the depower strap while it bounced around riding.

The 'keep it stupid simple' is what this bar is about.

rretzlaff
Rare Poster

Postby rretzlaff » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:52 pm

I would like some additional users to provide some input. Any other users of this bar want to provide some feedback on the bar. Seems legit and a simple solution to attain max throw.

cheers,

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:19 pm

rretzlaff wrote:OR - Will ping you to see if we can set up an opportunity to give the bar a go. I would like to give it a run with my kites to see how it works.
rretzlaff wrote:I would like some additional users to provide some input. Any other users of this bar want to provide some feedback on the bar. Seems legit and a simple solution to attain max throw.
Let's get you sorted with a bar. Too much research leads to a distinct lack of actual time on the water! lol.

Return to “Kitesurfing”