Very Frequent Poster
Style: If Ghengis Kan, I kan too!
Gear: Grass fed Carbon Fiber
Brand Affiliation: Peace in the Middle East
Has thanked: 0

Re: Finally, the perfect wave!

Postby chemosavi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:12 am

I think you're being facetious Bille...
Don't care what anybody says. The amount effort required to make this happen and happen so well (even if it isn't Disneyland size) is over the top, no matter whether it's a surfing God or an Arabian mullah or a Central Valley fruit picker.

Just incredible. People critizing it puts on new level on armchair idiocy wannabe big shots in my Gideon's revisited 2nd edition bible.

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:51 am

Bille wrote:
plummet wrote: ...

It is an awesome wave. But its too small to be dubbed "the perfect wave". Double the size then it would be.
I agree !! :thumb:

And to make it even Better :
How about enclosing it with walls, with heated water, so the wave can be ridden ,
(comfortably -- with No wetsuit) while it's snowing outside ?

Bille
No that's not all they need. They also need to have a tow rope going back so you can practice jumping waves while your going back to the starting position. And the sound system to plug in your mp3 player to. Yeah, they totally messed that wave pool up

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:53 am

plummet wrote:
knotwindy wrote:
plummet wrote:Awesome. But needs to be double the size!
a guy makes one of the cleanest waves ever, with almost no paddelling necessary, and all you can say is BIGGER?
are you sure you are not from the USA? :o :lol:
It is an awesome wave. But its too small to be dubbed "the perfect wave". Double the size then it would be.
Are you joking, or just not "riding" waves yourself ?

The size does not matter, it is a big wave and getting bigger wont add anything, when not a "nature" wave where the very "fear" also could play a role.

The shape and the way it rolls, the speed etc etc are always 100% more important than size.

In fact, many really big waves are SHIT, they either close out, and can be flat at the very top/curl, and dont roll for long till they fade out to foam and flat shoulders :-?

Amazing to see such a thing we have all dreamed about :thumb:

8) Peter

Geechie Boy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Folly beach sc
Favorite Beaches: Folly
Style: Strapless wave
Gear: Rrd religions

Postby Geechie Boy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:19 am

I'm not sure this is for Real but pretty cool if it is. http://www.realwatersports.com/news/the ... e-expands/

salvino
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Eastern end of Lake Erie
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Hatteras
Lakes Erie and Ontario
Gear: Stallion SB
Moses 633,590,500 HF
Temavento board
Grooveskate board
Airush Ultra, North Neo 5,7,9

Postby salvino » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:01 am

On my Christmas list!

windrupted
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: North Beach, Barney Line, The Wood in Ventucky, Island Park Idaho and Mt Hagin MT
Favorite Beaches: G-Land (Plenkung Point)
Style: Waves, Goofy or Switch
Gear: Craigslist
Brand Affiliation: Charles Shaw

Postby windrupted » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:03 am

chemosavi wrote:..
I think you're being facetious Bille...
Don't care what anybody says. The amount effort required to make this happen and happen so well (even if it isn't Disneyland size) is over the top, no matter whether it's a surfing God or an Arabian mullah or a Central Valley fruit picker.

Just incredible. People critizing it puts on new level on armchair idiocy wannabe big shots in my Gideon's revisited 2nd edition bible.
Chemo this is your biggest fan. Always glad when you bust out some commentary. Plummet you are a world class idiot. Kelly, job well done.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:47 am

windrupted wrote: ...
Chemo this is your biggest fan. Always glad when you bust out some commentary. Plummet you are a world class idiot. Kelly, job well done.
Tell chemo --- i wasn't being facetious ; and i left , part of it out :

Like plummet said ; it needs to be twice as big , (to be the Perfect wave) and we
need topless bar wenches, to serve us drinks , while were being towed back to the
start point. YEP -- all this, while its snowing outside ; and i'm all warm, in the indoor
heated pool !!

Seriously -- i had my fill, of dawn-patrol , in the middle of fricken Winter ; i'm old now,
and Deserve some comfort !! :lol: -------------------------------------------no shit ; i'm Serious (.)

If i get Rich , (all my friends can Join me ) ; so be careful with your response. :cool2:

Bille

wedge
Frequent Poster

Postby wedge » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:58 am

It's an incredible technological achievement. Like Kelly said, I've dreamed about something like this since I was a kid, in zoo-ed out point breaks. Good for Kelly for using his high profile and marketing muscle to get this thing financed

That said, why does the water look like poo? Hopefully they can work that bit out.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:11 am

It's not water, it's Coca Cola. The chief sponsor.

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Postby juandesooka » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:23 am

Really a thing of beauty. So perfect.
And for the size obsessed, what's that saying, it's not about size it's about quality? I believe 99% of surfers would prefer an absolute perfect head high barreling wave to a double overhead one, perfect or not. Way more playful.

I briefly had the thought too "if only it were windy"....but then slapped myself in the head. The main reason for a surfer to kite is to get a crapload of waves and be able to ride when it's too messy to surf anyway. With this wave....who needs wind.

Though I doubt any of us mere mortals will ever surf it or one like it. I am betting it is fantastically expensive to build, so not commercially viable ... so if you want to surf it, will cost more than a trip to Indo. Just a guess! But while we're in fantasy land, heated water, topless serving wenches, etc etc, sign me up. I'd buy that for a dollar ... or two. :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”