Forum for kitesurfers
Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Eleveight

Epic Screamer 10LTD and North Evo

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Does anyone have experience on both of these kites? Can someone compare the two?
They shape of the two seems very similar.

Would be grateful for any feedback.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Screamer 10LTD and North Evo

Postby soul19 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 am

I have used both of the kites and cannot say enough good things about both. The Evo is a better all rounder and has a bit more versatility. The Screamer 10m Ltd is a boosting machine and does what it is designed to do very well. The Evo is a good jumper as well and can hold its own. That being said I definitely prefer the screamer and look forward to picking up the 5g in the near future. You can't go wrong with either kite....

Jimmy

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:24 am

soul19 wrote:I have used both of the kites and cannot say enough good things about both. The Evo is a better all rounder and has a bit more versatility. The Screamer 10m Ltd is a boosting machine and does what it is designed to do very well. The Evo is a good jumper as well and can hold its own. That being said I definitely prefer the screamer and look forward to picking up the 5g in the near future. You can't go wrong with either kite....

Jimmy

Thanks for the reply Jimmy. I have tried the Screamer. I LOVE the Screamer, amazing kite. It just sort of scares the **** out of me when it gets gusty. Its really not stable in gusty winds. I kite a lot in stormy conditions and it just was not working out. I love the kite until it gets gusty. If Dimitri can fix that i will buy every screamer 5-14. Thats why I am looking for a kite that is very similar to the Screamer, but one that will eat up the gust and fly stable while boosting big. Dimitri is one of the best in the world, im sure he has no issue with the gusts. Me, im getting there but not at his level. So need something a little more tame in those conditions, but will still loop and boost like a screamer.

Does the Evo loop as fast as the screamer? Also the Screamer wasnt gread for unhooking. Im not big at unhooking, but still want to throw an sbend, 313 or blind judge here and there between boosting.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Have you tried the Airush Varial X at all? Has the boosting qualities of the screamer (my biggest jumps are on this kite) and is super stable. The kite is the best all round kite that I have used and even drifts nicely. I haven't tried the Union (the new Varial x) but have talked to guys at the kite shop who have and they really like it. It been awhile since I used the Evo and cannot state anything about gust capabilities or unhooking. The Screamer 10m Ltd can be a handful at its top end but I always sized down when it started to be a bit of an animal. That being said , at 200lbs, I could use it in some pretty strong winds.

Jimmy

My one complaint of the Varial is that it does have much higher bar pressure than the screamers and the Evo. Not sure what the bar pressure on the union is like!

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:15 pm

soul19 wrote:I have used both of the kites and cannot say enough good things about both. The Evo is a better all rounder and has a bit more versatility. The Screamer 10m Ltd is a boosting machine and does what it is designed to do very well. The Evo is a good jumper as well and can hold its own. That being said I definitely prefer the screamer and look forward to picking up the 5g in the near future. You can't go wrong with either kite....

Jimmy
I agree 100%..I m affiliated with Epic but always saying the right thing...The 10ltd is a crazy boosting hangtime machine comapring to the EVO...but you need skills to deploy all of its benefits..Although if you want a more all around and also an extra setting for wave riding then the Renegade 4G,5G is that. i have ride EVOs 2014,15...they jump well but there is no hangtime.The 2016 looks more delta so i guess the boosting is gonna be even worst.

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:29 pm

What????? I think you maybe confused. My naish charger is delta shaped and I haven't been on a kite that has more hangtime. That's including my rebel.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:06 pm

soul19 wrote:Have you tried the Airush Varial X at all? Has the boosting qualities of the screamer (my biggest jumps are on this kite) and is super stable. The kite is the best all round kite that I have used and even drifts nicely. I haven't tried the Union (the new Varial x) but have talked to guys at the kite shop who have and they really like it. It been awhile since I used the Evo and cannot state anything about gust capabilities or unhooking. The Screamer 10m Ltd can be a handful at its top end but I always sized down when it started to be a bit of an animal. That being said , at 200lbs, I could use it in some pretty strong winds.

Jimmy

My one complaint of the Varial is that it does have much higher bar pressure than the screamers and the Evo. Not sure what the bar pressure on the union is like!

I have tried the Varial. Its a terrible looping kite. The Union on the other hand. WOW!!! What a kite.
Its sick. I just am not a huge fan of 3 strut kites. Plus the Airush bar is terrible.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:08 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:

Jimmy
I agree 100%..I m affiliated with Epic but always saying the right thing...The 10ltd is a crazy boosting hangtime machine comapring to the EVO...but you need skills to deploy all of its benefits..Although if you want a more all around and also an extra setting for wave riding then the Renegade 4G,5G is that. i have ride EVOs 2014,15...they jump well but there is no hangtime.The 2016 looks more delta so i guess the boosting is gonna be even worst.
Delta Shape = Biggest boost + more hangtime.

Screamer is a sick kite. I just dont want to pee in my pants everytime it starts gusting to 30 knots with a 10m kite.

COOP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Everywhere
Favorite Beaches: All Australian beaches.
Style: Freeride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby COOP » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:10 pm

If you felt uncomfortable with the kite in the gusts, then give it a miss.
Some kites aren't for everyone. You must have full confidence with you kite, so go demo the Evo and then give the Core XR4 a go as well.

Kitemanmuc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kitemanmuc » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:21 pm

I have a whole quiver of XR4's. Love that kite. But its terrible for unhooking.

Return to “Kitesurfing”