Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Re: BWS Aeneema

Postby Da Yoda » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:03 pm

NYKiter wrote:Not to be confused with anemia
What about Aenima?
A combination of the words 'anima' (Latin for 'soul' associated with the ideas of "life force") and 'enema' the medical procedure. Thank you Tool! :mosh:

berdy02
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wissant, FR
Oostduinkerke, BE
Favorite Beaches: Wissant, FR
Kitebeach, Sal
El Cotillo, Fuerteventura
Le Morne, Mauritius
Style: Waveriding Strapless
Gear: SS Wave SST
BWS Aeneema
HB lafayette 5.10
Firewire Vader 5.3
Kazuma Milkman Pro 5.9
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby berdy02 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:48 pm

WH Lithuania wrote:Did anyone tried other waves kites and can compare Aeneema to other wave kites like Ozone Reo, RRD Religion, Wainman Rabbit etc?

If you want I can compare aenema to slingshot wave sst with witch I navigated 1 year

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Melnragė, Elektrėnai, Vievis
Favorite Beaches: Melnragė
Style: wave, hydrofoil
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:44 pm

berdy02 wrote: If you want I can compare aenema to slingshot wave sst with witch I navigated 1 year
Sure, more comparisons - more information for potential buyers!

berdy02
Rare Poster
Oostduinkerke, BE
Kitebeach, Sal
Le Morne, Mauritius
BWS Aeneema
HB lafayette 5.10
Firewire Vader 5.3
Kazuma Milkman Pro 5.9

Postby berdy02 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:20 pm

WH Lithuania wrote:
berdy02 wrote: If you want I can compare aenema to slingshot wave sst with witch I navigated 1 year
best drift for the aenema but less maniability. It is not a bad point because for jump and freestyle I find that the wave sst move a lot and no more bar pressure so I had difficult to locate the kite to the window with the wave sst.
So it is easier to surf and be able to make some bottom turn with the aenema without moving the kite in the same wave.

There is more bar pressure for the aenema but less than a north neo for example

I ride from 15knts with a 10m wave sst and the same range with the 9m aenema (for 88kg)

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster
Gear: Ozone Chrono V3 UL 13m. Ozone Reo V5 9m and 7m, V4 10m. BWS Aeneema 5'5. Tons of GoFoil, Moses, Takuma foils. BWS Mulcoy Pro 6'0.

Postby WH Lithuania » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:00 am

Thanks, what wind ranges are of your different Aeneema sizes? Which year Neo do you compare with?
berdy02 wrote:
WH Lithuania wrote:
best drift for the aenema but less maniability. It is not a bad point because for jump and freestyle I find that the wave sst move a lot and no more bar pressure so I had difficult to locate the kite to the window with the wave sst.
So it is easier to surf and be able to make some bottom turn with the aenema without moving the kite in the same wave.

I ride from 15knts with a 10m wave sst and the same range with the 9m aenema (for 88kg)

berdy02
Rare Poster
Oostduinkerke, BE
Kitebeach, Sal
Le Morne, Mauritius
BWS Aeneema
HB lafayette 5.10
Firewire Vader 5.3
Kazuma Milkman Pro 5.9

Postby berdy02 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:21 am

WH Lithuania wrote:Thanks, what wind ranges are of your different Aeneema sizes? Which year Neo do you compare with?
berdy02 wrote:
WH Lithuania wrote:

I had neo 2015 in 9-7-5 and aenema in 9-7-5.5. For the neo, 9m from 15 to 20-22knts. 7m from 20 to 30knts and 5m from 26knts. For the 9 and 7m aenema it's approximately the same range. But I don't have condition actually to ride in 5.5

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster

Postby WH Lithuania » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:36 am

berdy02 wrote:
WH Lithuania wrote:Thanks, what wind ranges are of your different Aeneema sizes? Which year Neo do you compare with?
berdy02 wrote:

I had neo 2015 in 9-7-5 and aenema in 9-7-5.5. For the neo, 9m from 15 to 20-22knts. 7m from 20 to 30knts and 5m from 26knts. For the 9 and 7m aenema it's approximately the same range. But I don't have condition actually to ride in 5.5
Thanks! Can you compare Aeneema upwind abilities to Neo and SST ? Which one of those goes upwind easiest?

berdy02
Rare Poster
Oostduinkerke, BE
Kitebeach, Sal
Le Morne, Mauritius
BWS Aeneema
HB lafayette 5.10
Firewire Vader 5.3
Kazuma Milkman Pro 5.9

Postby berdy02 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm

honestly I didn t use the same board so it's difficult to say but I think that the aenema is the same that neo and aenema goes upwind easiest that SST. But I had no problem to go upwind with sst. The three are good I think. More work the kite with SST to go upwind

WH Lithuania
Medium Poster

Postby WH Lithuania » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:53 pm

I had a chance to test BWS Aeneema vs. Ozone Reo v3 this season. Those two kites are totally different. Reo works better if you want to ride wave using more kite power. This kite feels like pulling you every time. Aeneema doesn't have this pull, it feels much lighter, so it's more suitable for riding waves using wave power. Reo is very tiring kite to ride, I'm done after 1 hour or so. I can ride for hours with Aeneema. Reo drifts a bit better, it's more forgiving for kite positioning in onshore/side-on conditions. With Aeneema you need to be more careful with your kite turns, otherwise lines will slack too much. Overall it's completely different machines. Reo is for powerful short sessions, Aeneema is light feel kite suitable for longer sessions riding using wave power. Both kites goes upwind well.

Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Frankieboy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:12 pm

it looks like a joke to me.
The guy could at least wear a board short... come on...
And what a color who wants a kite looking that ugly...
Not for me thanks

Return to “Kitesurfing”