Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sad news from Maui , Fatal accident, My condolences

Forum for kitesurfers
Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Local Beach: Reservoirs in Colorado, U.S.
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, CrazyFly, Ozone, Volkl, Gath, and SeaSpecs.

Re: Sad news from Maui , Fatal accident, My condolences

Postby Dave_5280 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:16 am

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

Unfortunately, sudden death is the first sign of heart disease for many men -

"Half of the men who die suddenly of coronary heart disease have no previous symptoms,"

http://www.news-medical.net/news/201202 ... death.aspx

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby downunder » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:58 am

Condolences to the family and friends.

My cow worked died last month when crossing the street.

He hit this head first on the concrete, coming back from lunch. That's what we were told. The autopsy showed a massive cardiac arrest.

Every day I look at his empty chair and wonder how could this happened? He was riding a bike 30km every second day. Experienced sailor in his 40's. As well, a father of two. Non smoker.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:24 am

downunder wrote: ...

Every day I look at his empty chair and wonder how could this happened? He was riding a bike 30km every second day. Experienced sailor in his 40's. As well, a father of two. Non smoker.
It takes More than just exercise ; to ward-off heart disease . You can't eat massive
amounts of salt, because it gives Ya High blood pressure ; and Ya can't eat , that awesome
fat, and saturated fat , (Cow & pig fat, ) because it might elevate your cholesterol , and give you
a heart attack when your still young. You enjoy your haagen dazs ice cream bars ; but
that 28% fat , ((WILL)) eventually take it's toll (.) Start looking at those labels
on the back of your packaged food ; if it says anything over 10% FAT OR SATURATED FAT
then don't eat it. Get Baked potato chips ; instead of the tasty regular ones
and the list goes on and on and ... ...

And don't even TRY to rationalize those fricken cigarettes, you so Enjoy ; there gonna
eventually Kill Ya . If your wife or girl-friend smokes ; then tell her to quit, or Dump the
dumb bitch , (her second-hand smoke, is gonna Kill Ya). I Hated giving up my smokes ;
hardest thing i ever done .

Sorry for the Reality-check ; but i ain't shitting Ya . :(

Bille

windtzu
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby windtzu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Bille wrote:

It takes More than just exercise ; to ward-off heart disease . You can't eat massive
amounts of salt, because it gives Ya High blood pressure ; and Ya can't eat , that awesome
fat, and saturated fat , (Cow & pig fat, ) because it might elevate your cholesterol , and give you
a heart attack when your still young. You enjoy your haagen dazs ice cream bars ; but
that 28% fat , ((WILL)) eventually take it's toll (.) Start looking at those labels
on the back of your packaged food ; if it says anything over 10% FAT OR SATURATED FAT
then don't eat it. Get Baked potato chips ; instead of the tasty regular ones
and the list goes on and on and ... ...

And don't even TRY to rationalize those fricken cigarettes, you so Enjoy ; there gonna
eventually Kill Ya . If your wife or girl-friend smokes ; then tell her to quit, or Dump the
dumb bitch , (her second-hand smoke, is gonna Kill Ya). I Hated giving up my smokes ;

Bille
Something most people don't know.

Natural sea salt (raw) - will not cause high blood pressure, whereas refined salt does. For years I've been using something called Celtic Sea Salt, and it's not your typical off the shelf sea salt. It regulates heartbeat and blood pressure. Even though refined salt can cause high blood pressure, natural salt with adequate water intake can help to stabilize irregular heartbeats and normalize blood pressure. In other words, if you have low blood pressure, taking Celtic sea salt can help to raise it. If you have high blood pressure, it can help to lower it.

I told my doctor about this and he adamantly disagrees with me. At the same time he can't explain my normal to low blood pressure, despite the crazy amount of salt I consume. He said has to do with my genes and fitness. While this contributes, it's the form in which your food takes makes all the difference.

My friend was on high blood pressure meds. He read an article on raw sea salt, changed his diet and included raw sea salt. Now he's off medication with his blood pressure turning to normal. He's looking for another doctor as well. ;)

Gotta agree with the other stuff though. Simple carbs and processed sugar are poison as well.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Bille wrote:

If your wife or girl-friend smokes ; then tell her to quit, or Dump the

Bille
She tried to kill me with her cigarette smoke so I killed her in self defense :lol: :lol:

skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Postby skullcandy » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:52 pm

For us its simple when it comes to dieting: If its from the earth eat it - if its not - well, know that its bad for you and do it in extreme moderation. No Soda. No Fast Food. No canned foods. Things like the nutri bullet help out a ton: No need to do calculus and figure out what to put in there - just toss a bunch of fruit, veggies, flax seeds, skim milk, water / coconut water, chia seeds, etc and grind it all up. May not taste all that great but force it down. I do one every morning.

Genetics play a huge role in heart disease as does stress.

Sometimes I go off the deep end thinking its a government conspiracy that these terrible foods are intended to dumb us down and wire our brains to be addicted to this stuff. I mean - has anyone tried Red Velvet Oreo cookies? Not one natural ingredient in the list of 30+ items and its deadly good: ARTIFICAL SUGAR makes our brains addicted just like niccotene and cigs.

Condolences to him and his family - reminder on how we should enjoy every moment we have.

corbett
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Many

Postby corbett » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:01 pm

skullcandy wrote: Sometimes I go off the deep end thinking its a government conspiracy
And if it's from the earth, smoke it. I can see you have been :lol:

t3rse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Folly
Gear: RRD Obsession/Core XR/Cab FX

Postby t3rse » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Or trip it?

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:30 pm

windtzu wrote: ...

Natural sea salt (raw) - will not cause high blood pressure, whereas refined salt does.
I did a quick Google-search on that ; first one i opened , kinda Confirmed what Ya said ! :thumb:

http://drsircus.com/medicine/salt/real- ... layan-salt

Thanks for that : Bille

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:51 pm

Bille wrote:
windtzu wrote: ...

Natural sea salt (raw) - will not cause high blood pressure, whereas refined salt does.
I did a quick Google-search on that ; first one i opened , kinda Confirmed what Ya said ! :thumb:

http://drsircus.com/medicine/salt/real- ... layan-salt

Thanks for that : Bille
Sweet. I've been rolling himalayan salt for years.

Return to “Kitesurfing”