Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2016 Naish Park HD or SS RPM

Forum for kitesurfers
Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

2016 Naish Park HD or SS RPM

Postby Dr_Rosen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:40 pm

I have the opportunity to ride either Park HD or RPM. I have not tried either and would appreciate some input. (will try to get the opprtunity to try first)

I ride uh freestyle primarily. Can anyone objectively compare the two.
The marketing hype sounds right for both of them.

Last year I rode Best GP and the two years before Best TS.

Interested in freestyle "ability" for intermediate weekend warrior freestyler (linds, passes etc)
Range, slack, looping, lowend for my 85+ kg etc

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 2016 Naish Park HD or SS RPM

Postby Frank82 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:27 pm

No bridled kite will ever be as good for freestyle as a pure c kite, no matter the marketing/pro rider input. I would stick to your GP's or get another brands C kite.

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Frank82 wrote:No bridled kite will ever be as good for freestyle as a pure c kite, no matter the marketing/pro rider input. I would stick to your GP's or get another brands C kite.
I acknowledge that but want to try openC. And have Park HD and RPM to choose between. So within that scope I wonder if anyone can compare.

PS yes GP's are pretty awesome

WMFG
Medium Poster
Style: Strapless
Gear: WMFG, Mystic, Naish, Amundson, Firewire
Brand Affiliation: WMFG Founder

Postby WMFG » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Dr_Rosen wrote:I have the opportunity to ride either Park HD or RPM. I have not tried either and would appreciate some input. (will try to get the opprtunity to try first)

I ride uh freestyle primarily. Can anyone objectively compare the two.
The marketing hype sounds right for both of them.

Last year I rode Best GP and the two years before Best TS.

Interested in freestyle "ability" for intermediate weekend warrior freestyler (linds, passes etc)
Range, slack, looping, lowend for my 85+ kg etc
It's kind of the battle of the titans with those 2 kites. Look forward to lots of debate and the inevitable "I ride the XXX and it's better for blah blah blah". No slight to the Naish Park, which is a brilliant kite, but it's notable how many Slingshot pros (real pros) use the RPM.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 am

My tests of the RPM are too old to make any sense in terms of trying to compare so I'll try to address what I can on the Park and not comment on RPM.

I've ridden the Park HD mostly powered. Strapped and strapless surfboard, Paipo flatwater and TT chop and flatwater.

For surf, I like the kite. It likes to be driven and powered on the waves. It does not drift quite as well as the Pivot, but thrives in onshore conditions.
Its super fun to jump. Once you you take it you'll recognize the DNA of the torch..it even has the pinch when fully powered. Much more forgiving of course, but not as much of the older park left IMO. The feel is very direct and you definitely have slack after a jump. I have to clarify that I do not unhook nor do I any megaloops, but do plenty of the kind-of powered loops. The kite is fast, and after the loop it does climb right up.

It really gives a lot of feedback without being heavy on the bar, and it leaves you in control. I've ridden the 10 and 7.
Last edited by tautologies on Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:44 am

Youri seems to do alright on the RPM :o

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:48 am

knotwindy wrote:Youri seems to do alright on the RPM :o
So does Carlos Mario... You could easily see two RPMs riders on some podiums...not bad for a bridled kite

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:57 am

flipper231 wrote:
knotwindy wrote:Youri seems to do alright on the RPM :o
So does Carlos Mario... You could easily see two RPMs riders on some podiums...not bad for a bridled kite
You'r right, and I do think my riding style is very similar to those guys ........ NOT :lol: :jump: :jump:

But I get your point. Will try to demo both :thumb:

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:39 am

tautologies wrote:My tests of the RPM are too old to make any sense in terms of trying to compare so I'll try to address what I can on the Park and not comment on RPM.

I've ridden the Park HD mostly powered. Strapped and strapless surfboard, Paipo flatwater and TT chop and flatwater.

For surf, I like the kite. It likes to be driven and powered on the waves. It does not drift quite as well as the Pivot, but thrives in onshore conditions.
Its super fun to jump. Once you you take it you'll recognize the DNA of the torch..it even has the pinch when fully powered. Much more forgiving of course, but not as much of the older park left IMO. The feel is very direct and you definitely have slack after a jump. I have to clarify that I do not unhook nor do I any megaloops, but do plenty of the kind-of powered loops. The kite is fast, and after the loop it does climb right up.

It really gives a lot of feedback without being heavy on the bar, and it leaves you in control. I've ridden the 10 and 7.
Apologies to the OP for the tangent, but would be interested to hear more about the difference to between the 2015 Park & the HD? It sounds like with a canopy that seems higher aspect, has it become more of an Ozone Edge? Thanks in advance T & hope you are well.

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:42 am

TheRussian wrote:
tautologies wrote:My tests of the RPM are too old to make any sense in terms of trying to compare so I'll try to address what I can on the Park and not comment on RPM.

Apologies to the OP for the tangent, but would be interested to hear more about the difference to between the 2015 Park & the HD? It sounds like with a canopy that seems higher aspect, has it become more of an Ozone Edge? Thanks in advance T & hope you are well.
Google the seabreeze.au kite forum under gear reviews :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”