Cabrinha 2017 New bar connector rumour?

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cabrinha 2017 New bar connector rumour?

Postby shawn13 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:01 pm

Above poster is correct, prices are on Adventure Kiteboarding Website for all 2017 Cabirnha Gear.

Also looks like they list the addition of a 19m Contra, a 5m FX, all sizes of Apollo, and a new squid launcher short surfboard

http://www.adventurekiteboarding.com/20 ... inha-bars/

http://www.adventurekiteboarding.com/2017/

http://www.adventurekiteboarding.com/2017-1/
Last edited by shawn13 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MKM
Frequent Poster
Gear: tons...
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha & Dakine

Postby MKM » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:15 pm

Just to clarify, that is Adventure Kiteboarding, NOT Adventure Sports that failed to respect the official launch dates provided at the recent Pryde Group conference.

The product training at these meetings is essential to fully understanding the changes from year to year. You can see tons of stuff on the forum, etc., but actually trying the products to make an informed decision is extremely valuable. It's interesting reading through these posts, as I too held the same views as many. I just couldn't see the advantages when looking at it. Several dealers that were initially skeptical, completely reversed course upon actually trying the system.

Of course it's certainly not for everyone at this stage. It does however look to be very well suited for those that mainly ride hooked in. In any case, the cat is out of the bag, and it looks like any proposed change is polarizing (for some reason) to say the least. Try it, like it, buy it... or don't if it's not for you. It's crazy how scared people / brands are every time Cabrinha changes something in the sport. Don't worry, it doesn't appear to be as disruptive as when Cab launched the CB1, and the bow kite crazy nearly knocked all of the competitors out of the pool. This is just a different way to connect with your kite. Like everything, it will certainly be improved upon over time.

You can see a few pics from this year, and the last several Pryde Group Americas conferences at https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/pgabash/ Most pics don't show too much of the new kiting gear as attendees were asked to respect the launch dates, but there are a few that provide brief peeks. Enjoy!

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tegirinenashi » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:25 pm

https://vimeo.com/172984714
@1:50 It took just 15 years for one vendor to realize that? Remarkable.
@2:00 Just saw off this idiotic protrusion (the hook). Attach depower cord mushroom safety to wichard (see pic)
@2:15 It is shorter, but it is still a hook. In the "saw off" solution the lever effect is less.
Attachments
P60705-133406[2].jpg

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:58 pm

What's the best way to use this with a ground stake tether?

Kitesitecapecod
Rare Poster
Local Beach: West Dennis cape cod
Favorite Beaches: Chapin beach cape cod
Style: Random
Gear: Cabrinha and north
Brand Affiliation: I own kitesite.net
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kitesitecapecod » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:00 pm

nixmatters wrote: They do have balls to launch such 'innovation' without having sorted out compatibility/interchangeability, as discussed above.
:oops:
You sure about that? Or assuming ?

Kitesitecapecod
Rare Poster

Postby Kitesitecapecod » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:05 pm

badgb21 wrote:What's the best way to use this with a ground stake tether?
With a small carabiner I would think.

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby foilholio » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:22 am

Some disadvantages I see is the ball can't spin with a leash attached. Will the ball stay in the socket if you hang upside down?

But I do wonder how the system will go with out the ball, i.e. directly connect to a sliding setup, BRM style connection etc. Maybe for that it is good.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:17 am

Kitesitecapecod wrote:
nixmatters wrote: They do have balls to launch such 'innovation' without having sorted out compatibility/interchangeability, as discussed above.
Thanks for this question! I always do ask myself the same when making early assumptions :)
I neither work for Cab nor in their distribution network, so I made above assumption on the basis of what's been already revealed by Cab in few magazine articles and their video posted few days ago.

Assuming one buys the Fireball dedicated spreader bar to upgrade an existing harness - well, yes - compatibility's been kind of sorted out. But how handy is it to change your spreader bar every time you're using a CL bar?! And you have to carry 2 spreader bars on every trip?!

HOLD ON... the Fireball spreader bar might be possible to use with any CL out there (didn't think about this option till now), but I'm afraid in 'hooked only' mode, so that's still not an efficient compatibility solution. And as shown in 3rd photo - what would happen if the CL accidentally unhooks and rotates 'under' the hook? Brrr... I dare trying this ONLY at home! :wink:

I'm sure there is more to come on this sooner or later... as usually with all Cab innovations :)
Let's wait and see. I've already pre-ordered one. Purely out of curiosity :lol:
Attachments
ION bar reversed_Cab2012CL.jpg
S1Tracker bar reversed_Cab2012CL.jpg
S1Tracker bar reversed_Cab2012CL-unhooked.jpg

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 am

On the compatibility/interchangeability of the Fireball system - it's all well shown in the video!
[most likely] an additional CL is coming out soon - fully compatible with the Fireball QR (see 'Version 2' photo).
Attachments
Fireball video_4'18''.JPG
Fireball video_4'18''.JPG (55.43 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Fireball video_4'20''.JPG
Fireball video_4'20''.JPG (41.92 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Fireball video_4'33''.JPG
Fireball video_5'23''.JPG
Fireball video_5'38''.JPG
Fireball video_5'38''.JPG (54.97 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
Fireball video_5'24''.JPG

Kitesitecapecod
Rare Poster

Postby Kitesitecapecod » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:15 pm

nixmatters wrote:
Kitesitecapecod wrote:
Thanks for this question! I always do ask myself the same when making early assumptions :)
I neither work for Cab nor in their distribution network, so I made above assumption on the basis of what's been already revealed by Cab in few magazine articles and their video posted few days ago.

Assuming one buys the Fireball dedicated spreader bar to upgrade an existing harness - well, yes - compatibility's been kind of sorted out. But how handy is it to change your spreader bar every time you're using a CL bar?! And you have to carry 2 spreader bars on every trip?!

HOLD ON... the Fireball spreader bar might be possible to use with any CL out there (didn't think about this option till now), but I'm afraid in 'hooked only' mode, so that's still not an efficient compatibility solution. And as shown in 3rd photo - what would happen if the CL accidentally unhooks and rotates 'under' the hook? Brrr... I dare trying this ONLY at home! :wink:

I'm sure there is more to come on this sooner or later... as usually with all Cab innovations :)
Let's wait and see. I've already pre-ordered one. Purely out of curiosity :lol:

I think you need to think it over a bit more....

This bar with other kites- the New Cabrinha kites with 2014-2016 bars with chicken loops-

the Biggest News-------NOT MANDATORY! Cabrinha will announce later today that while they would like everyone to buy one. They are not making it mandatory!
I think i was supposed to keep this under wraps for a bit longer, but with all the hysteria i feel Its my duty to let this out.
Sorry Pete Cabrinha i hope its okay to tell people about this loop hole (get it!) - Deep Breaths !

Return to “Kitesurfing”