Peru
Style: waves, jumping and wiggling
Gear: mixed
Brand Affiliation: mixed
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kinsley ThomasWong, Xtreme Big Air, RIP

Postby marina » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:58 pm

It is with great sadness to inform you all that our friend Kinsley ThomasWong of Xtreme Big Air in California passed away peacefully on Sunday, March 13.

Details will be forthcoming re; services, however, Kinsley lost all his photos on his hard drive last month. The family asks that you please post your favorite images and videos and memories on Kinsley's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/XtremeBigAir?fref=ts and to celebrate Kinsley's life and help us remember this amazing human being whose passion and stoke for life was unmatched. Also, if you can post any images and videos to this Dropbox am so happy that he found the love of his life, Jamie Thomas, and got to experience the birth and love of their amazing union, Taizen. To the Thomas and Wong families, we love you and will cherish our memories of a very special man who touched our lives for the better.

It has been a privilege to be your friend Kinsley. We know you are soaring the heavens above, smashing the lip, and spreading stoke in your next life.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Kinsley ThomasWong, Xtreme Big Air, RIP

Postby Toby » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this Marina.

Kinsley...he has such a big name in the sport for a long time.

His tragic accident some years ago was already a big shock...now this.

Makes me sad. I hope to have a session today and will ride with him in memory to honor this great man.

RIP legend.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:25 am

Kinsley was such a great person to be with. Always a smile on his face, even if it was not windy. Will miss you my friend. :(

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:18 am

I am sorry for the loss of your good friend Marina and a well regarded ambassador of kiting. I first met him in Cabarete in 2001, the same week I started the FKA in a beachside Internet cafe there. He was buoyant and upbeat as always boosting big on the water with a huge grin. Here's to it Kinsley, your memory lives on.
Kinsley Cabarete June 2001.jpg

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:36 am

Kinsley has been one of the most inspirational people I've ever known, before and after his accident. He always shared his positive attitude and stoke for life with everyone around him, and made the world a better place with his energy, kindness, consideration for others and a smile that came from deep inside. I am a very fortunate person to have known Kinsley, and I appreciate what he has shared with so many people around the world. Kinsley will definitely live on for a long time in the hearts of those who have had the gift of knowing him.

Pressie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Indian Bay Beach, Kingstown , St.Vincent and the Grenadines
Favorite Beaches: Princess Margareth Beach , Bequia , St.Vincent and the grenadines
Style: none
Gear: none
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Pressie » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Hello Marina, I am now seeing your post about Kingsley, this is Don from St.Vincent. Please accept my sincere condolences. I know time heals and i hope this message meets you in a better mood than 2 years ago. Kingley and I last message each other about 2 years ago. I know he was getting the best care possible. I would always cherish the memories during his visit to the Caribbean. memories of his energy and willingness to share his wisdom. Stay strong and give my regards to Taizen
Don Prescott
pressie (at)vincysurf.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”