Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best split boards 2016

Forum for kitesurfers
roninXpl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Sopot, Poland
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.
Brand Affiliation: None

Best split boards 2016

Postby roninXpl » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:53 am

I'm planning some longer trip hoping multiple locations and I'm thinking about getting a split board - what are the best options this year :?:
I have Brunotti Youri Pro 2015 and I'm looking for as good freeride board (yeah, it's freestyle but works well for my freeride :)
Thanks!

screven
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Best split boards 2016

Postby screven » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:31 pm

I have a Newwind split twin tip. It's an excellent board and is my go to board even when I'm not traveling. I highly recommend. You can order it any size configuration you want. Nice flexi board and very light. I've had mine for 5 years and no issues.

http://www.newind.net/splitboard/

Chris

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Firewire/Tomo Surfboards
Loyd Surfboards
Brand Affiliation: iKitesurf

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:42 pm

Here are all of the known players...
Flysurfer
Kitelement
Newind
Nobile
Radical
RL
RRD

Nobile is the leading brand of production splitboards with the widest offering including carbon options. :thumb:

roninXpl
Medium Poster
Gear: Core XR5 11m+9m, XR4 7m, Sensor 2S Pro, Carved Imperator VI, NHP Carbon Split, Airush Ultra II 12m, FS Speed2 13m.

Postby roninXpl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Thenks Da Yoda, I'll look into Nobile Carbon Split - it's made in Poland like myself after all ;)

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby shawn13 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:09 am

I have a Nobile NHP Split and I honestly think its one of the best boards i have ever ridden, and fits nicely in my Dakine Split Bag for travel.

Adventure Logs
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Punta del Diablo, Uruguay
Favorite Beaches: Durban, SA
Corpus Christi
Gear: Flysurfer, Moses, Groove, Slinghot, Nobile, Zeeko

Postby Adventure Logs » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:32 pm

Have both the FlySplit L & M. Great boards, the L is my favorite board overall. Nobile has a couple different options, but same type of connector. Love their toolless feature. Thinking of selling my M split and buying a Nobile just for that feature.

=J-

roninXpl
Medium Poster

Postby roninXpl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:35 pm

I feel the same about the toolless feature from Nobile, looks helpful.

sedluk
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Alum Creek - Ohio
Favorite Beaches: Turks and Caicos - Long Bay
Sail Bay - San Diego
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 4, Boost2, Speed 5, Sonic 2 & Sonic Race
Nobile split boards, Ketos Foils and Boards, Mystic Supporter Harness

Postby sedluk » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:37 pm

I have Flysurfer Split M, the Nobile Flying Carpet Carbon Split, Nobile Carbon 138mm Split and Carbon 134mm Split.

My favorite is the 138mm Split. The board is perfect with plenty of rocker. It does take some power to get it moving but it handles great.

The Flying Carpet is a great light wind board and is fine in calm waters.

I love the click n go and think every board should have them. The footpads that come with the Nobile boards are pretty firm and I prefer a softer pad when I am not wearing booties. Then I have to use a different footpad and I need to use tools.

The Flysurfer split has the click n go on the fins and that is the most useful place for the click n go. I often like to take my fins off when loading the boards into my car, keep things from getting scratched up.

The older Nobile boards used the same tabs for fins, footpads and handle. The more recent boards changed to a longer bolt and the rounded handle for the fins. It does a better job of securing the fins. Now you have two styles of click n go tabs on the same board.

The Flysurfer board uses the older tabs to secure the fins. The 2015 Flying Carpet boards use the older style and the 2016 uses the newer style.

I will be getting a new 2016 Flying Carpet Carbon Split and selling my 2015 Flying Carpet Carbon Split. Will also be selling my Nobile Carbon Split 134mm because I prefer the 138mm.

wallhalla
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2

Postby wallhalla » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:38 pm

I am happy with my Radical Split Boards- rides so well I take it also when I am not travelling and the pads are the most comfy ones I ever had - XL is really XL there :-) for the big foots

proletariat
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Beach?
Favorite Beaches: What's a Beach?
Style: Painful
Gear: Slingshot, Trampa, Kitelement
Brand Affiliation: I suck too bad to be affiliated with anything but goose shit. I'm actually sponsored by goose shit.

Postby proletariat » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:06 am

I have a Kitelement Revolt and it's a great beginner board. Easy to plane, turns smooth, edges nicely. Build quality is good, and pads are comfy but not too soft. Only real problem I've had is that i can't use booties in the binding.

I also cross-threaded a screw my first time mounting the binding, but that's on me. Screw extractor and it works like a champ now. It was also easily half the price of the Nobile, so it wasn't much risk. I was about to sell it and buy a Nobile but I decided I like it too much. :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”