Re: Research on "High Hook" seat harnesses

Postby fatkiter » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:12 pm

sarc wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am
fatkiter wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:27 am
sarc wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:11 am
I'm curious as why you think a high hook is better in any way.
In my experience a low hook near your center of gravity is much better for everything: jumping, wave riding, freeriding, looping, rotations.
I know that it takes a few sessions to get used to changes in hook height, but once your muscle memory adapts to the new position you will never go back to a high hook I think.
The pros are very athletic, need complete freedom with their leg movements, and their job is to look cool. And they are not over 40 years old. For mere human riders, a good seat harness is the way to go, especially if you ride hard.
Basically the search started because I am trying to improve my stance... A few people suggested that the higher hook would help reduce my "pooh stance"

But what made me more curious was reading an article about kitesurfing and the strain it puts on your core muscles and abs... i usually end sessions because my legs get tired and to be honest i never felt my abs working so I was thinking that definitely i am doing something wrong...

I really don t give a sh### about looks I can ride with a dipper even on my head as long as I am ridding :lol:
Nope nope... waist harness will make poop stance worse because you are trying to pull against a force higher up your body. Proper technique and correctly set footstraps will take care of poop stance.
Can you please explain a bit more about correctly set foot straps?

Thanks!

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Research on "High Hook" seat harnesses

Postby sarc » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:55 am

fatkiter wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:12 pm
sarc wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am
fatkiter wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:27 am

Basically the search started because I am trying to improve my stance... A few people suggested that the higher hook would help reduce my "pooh stance"

But what made me more curious was reading an article about kitesurfing and the strain it puts on your core muscles and abs... i usually end sessions because my legs get tired and to be honest i never felt my abs working so I was thinking that definitely i am doing something wrong...

I really don t give a sh### about looks I can ride with a dipper even on my head as long as I am ridding :lol:
Nope nope... waist harness will make poop stance worse because you are trying to pull against a force higher up your body. Proper technique and correctly set footstraps will take care of poop stance.
Can you please explain a bit more about correctly set foot straps?

Thanks!
I think if footstraps are spaced too narrow, too wide, have too much duck (feet pointing too far away), too parallel, too tight, too loose: then if will affect your stance.

Return to “Kitesurfing”