Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Perth, Western Australia: 2 White Pointer attacks/fatalities in 1 week!

Forum for kitesurfers
stylesy
Rare Poster
Gear: Various
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Perth, Western Australia: 2 White Pointer attacks/fatalities in 1 week!

Postby stylesy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 pm

PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA: A surfer and diver have been taken by big (4-5 meter) white pointer sharks in two separate attacks less than a week apart. The attacks occurred at two different Perth locations. The surfer in the late afternoon and the diver around midday.

Big predators in the water in WA.

Thoughts and prayers go out to friends and family. RIP

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: PERTH, Western Australia: 2 White Pointer attacks/fatalities in 1 week!

Postby matth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:25 pm

Sorry to hear that news...Rip

I ride on Cape Cod Mass, and we now have one of the largest Great White populations in the world. I have to say it's making me a little uneasy..

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Re: Perth, Western Australia: 2 White Pointer attacks/fatalities in 1 week!

Postby Westozzy » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:53 pm

Yeh was unnerving kiting the same spot of the fatal shark attack the other day. Seeing more shadows than normal. Only us three locals in the water, especially as there had been another white pointer sighting that day. Even though got more chance of having a fatal car crash on the same day it messes with your mind. Tragic for the local community I must admit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”