Alameda, CA.
Pittsburgh, CA.
Style: Strapless boards
Gear: Caution Kites
Home made C kites
Brand Affiliation: None

'Habagat' seaon in the Philippines

Postby reyrivera » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:31 am

There's a chance I will be visiting family in Cebu mid August, which is the beginning of the typhoon season. I grew up partly in the Philippines in the early 1980''s and can remember some of the light frontal storm winds can be fun when we ride on a pump boat equpped for sailing.

Any South Western part of Cebu kiteable? Is it worth to bring gear to chase frontal storm winds? I want to bring gear, but not sure if its worth to drag extra luggage.

Thank you in advance for providing relevant information.

Rey

Atte
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Tablas island , Philippine's.
Style: Hydrofoil Freeride
Gear: Flysurfer soul, peak

Re: 'Habagat' seaon in the Philippines

Postby Atte » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:12 pm

Not sure about any kite spots in south of Cebu, if there is a Beach then you can most likely kite. Habagat is often windy when a low pressure weather arrives or Typhoons (also low pressure) and it brings rain. When a rain shower passing by the wind can often go from 15kts to 30kts in less then a minute, so be aware and always look over your shoulder for black clouded and if there is one go directly to the beach and land the kite!

Return to “Kitesurfing”