Favorite Beaches: Mauritius - Cape Town
Style: Wakestyle - wave
Gear: Naish - Brunotti
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Slash 2017

Postby mago » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:20 am

i'm in mauritius since 10 days and i've been riding intensively the Slash 8 and 6m.
i do ride since 2002 and in waves the recent kites i was using were the banding 9, airush wave and the pivot.

so far i can say that the low end is great, similar to the pivot, the grunt is fantastic. further more, if very underpowered, the kite never backstall while surfing the wave. what was happening with other kites, the kite was in need of wind to drift and follow your ride.
the other great point is the relunch. super quick. in one eye, in a decent day, you want to be quick.

bridles... they are super short, so i dont get the comment above. there is no pulley.

the power delivered is progressive. engaging the bar will deliver it absolutely progressively.

i've been riding it on large bar set up and external attach point on the tips. although is fast, i dont find it extremely fast as advised. it is very predictable and the bar feeling is extremely direct. reminds me the C kite feeling. extremely precise.

overall i would not not be more happy.

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:07 am

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:41 pm

mago wrote:i'm in mauritius since 10 days and i've been riding intensively the Slash 8 and 6m.
i do ride since 2002 and in waves the recent kites i was using were the banding 9, airush wave and the pivot.

so far i can say that the low end is great, similar to the pivot, the grunt is fantastic. further more, if very underpowered, the kite never backstall while surfing the wave. what was happening with other kites, the kite was in need of wind to drift and follow your ride.
the other great point is the relunch. super quick. in one eye, in a decent day, you want to be quick.

bridles... they are super short, so i dont get the comment above. there is no pulley.

the power delivered is progressive. engaging the bar will deliver it absolutely progressively.

i've been riding it on large bar set up and external attach point on the tips. although is fast, i dont find it extremely fast as advised. it is very predictable and the bar feeling is extremely direct. reminds me the C kite feeling. extremely precise.

You convinced me to get the 10m !

balear
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Brasil, Mauritius,Fuerteventura,Tarifa,Majorca,Morocco
Style: Strapless surf-kite, freestyle
Gear: Naish Slash & Park HD, Monarch TT,Surf GUN 5'9
North Surf Pro CSC 5'5 ; North Pro Surf 5'8

Postby balear » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:16 am

good review :thumb:

what about depower and boost for strapless tricks in comparision with Pivot?

actually I'm riding Parks HD and I'm thinking to change to the new Slash it looks more strapless oriented.

MrJim
Rare Poster

Postby MrJim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:53 am

Thks Mago, thats what I needed. So Slash this year instead of the pivots. :jump: :jump:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:03 pm

Yeah that 10 looks pretty nice.

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:33 am

mago wrote:i'm in mauritius since 10 days and i've been riding intensively the Slash 8 and 6m.

How do you compare it with Airush Wave? I guess the power is much better but is it slower than the Wave? Upwind better or not. I think the Wave is really good upwind. Is the turmn more pivotal on the Slash than the Wave?

mago
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne, Australia

Postby mago » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:52 pm

i cant really compare equally a 2015 kite to a 2017, in regards of the Wave airush. i can say that the low end is way better per equal size. upwind cant really say anything.

i did a short video on the 8 in very looooow wind... hope it helps...
https://www.facebook.com/fabio.tomi.5/v ... 050200366/

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:44 am

mago wrote:i cant really compare equally a 2015 kite to a 2017, in regards of the Wave airush. i can say that the low end is way better per equal size. upwind cant really say anything.

i did a short video on the 8 in very looooow wind... hope it helps...
https://www.facebook.com/fabio.tomi.5/v ... 050200366/
Thanks Mago, that makes sense. I was also a bit curious what you feel about turning speed. Usually there's a trade off, like what you gain in low end you loose in high end or powerful kites are normally slower than less powerful. Since you wrote that turning speed was a bit slower than expected...maybe the same as Pivot..I was curious if you remember how it compares to the Wave as I find them pretty fast.

mago
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Melbourne, Australia

Postby mago » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:56 am

i can just say that before heading here i had my last wave session in oman with the F-One bandit 9, 8m and it is faster.
anyway, nothing to be worried about. 5 out of 5 ppl that tried my kite here, loved it, saying one of the best wave kites they ever used.. (experienced riders only)

Return to “Kitesurfing”