tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Slash 2017

Postby tautologies » Tue May 21, 2019 9:17 pm

matth wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Put the kite at 12 and pull the bar all the way in, the kite should lock in place and pull back slightly. That's how I test my kites...I also set my kites up on the last knot, I like my kites to fly a little forward and it puts the bar more in reach.

I think the nature of wave riding just leads to back stalling because you are riding at the kite a lot and that takes tension off the center lines...

Matth, the first point is a great tip...the second would you call the backstalling? I mean slack lines are just that...I've ridden right at my kite and it just hovers back into position...surely I can't do that forever, but even if the kite were to fall I don't think I would call it backstalling.

Stalling kites? Test this:
First, just attach all the lines to one location and when fully powered and sheeted in, the front and backlines should be just about the same length. A little off doesn't matter. My suspicion is that you'll see these are completely different length, that your frontlines will be hanging and your backllines tight. This means the kite is way oversheeted.
Now if they are the same length then it is time to look at the bridle. First of all, there are small labels on the bridle to indicate what kite is was made for. If your kite size and these labels are not the same you should get a new set of bridles.

Let us know! :-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”