Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Renegade Infinity anyone?

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Renegade Infinity anyone?

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:48 am

Hello Mr.pikovsg and thank you for your interest in the INFINITY light wind kite from EPICKITES.

As you can see a hand full of people will give you a negative feed back about the kite. And most probably one of the reason is because they use to be a rep for EPIC, or a Team Rider or I decline to open them as an EPIC dealer or school, and they will try anything to put a negative review about the INFINITY.

From the feed back I have had from kiters, I will say that 90% of the kiters love the INFINITY kite for light wind and this is the reason why I am not afraid to send you a demo for you to test it.

I have nothing to hide or else I would not send my demos all over the world for kiters to test them. So the best thing will be for you to demo the kite and see it for yourself what you think about the kite.
You can email me directly at: dimitri@epickites.com

All my INFINITY V4 kites are out on demos right now but I should have one back by July 31th.

https://vimeo.com/132636028

https://vimeo.com/129446745

https://vimeo.com/150778563

https://vimeo.com/124945319

https://vimeo.com/127055271
Last edited by Dimitri M on Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:57 am

Poster: pikovsg » 22 Jul 2016 04:50

After reading a bunch of dramatically negative comments about the Infinity, I said screw this and ordered the demo from Dimitri. Today I tried the Infinity.

What are people smoking?! This is easily the most fun low wind kite I have ever tried. Today I TT'ed and jumped in 8-10 mile wind, foiled in 6-7 miles. The haters can hate, but this kite really does work. The kite feel is totally unique - it feels elastic, (almost stretchy), friendly and seems to load and release the power for quite a while, even in winds as low as 6. OR Flite turns slower than the Epic. (OR Flite 17m is the fastest turning 17m I tried peior to Inifinityt) The kite is It's stable at 5 has serious power but gives it to you with a silver spoon. The power strokes are so fast and keep the power for so long, everybody's jaw dropped. The long powerful strokes are a blessing for the foil. And it turns almost as fast as my 12 Rebel! This kite is meant for winds below 15miles. Not affiliated with Epic, just a dude testing a kite. Giddy smiles don't lie - this is kite is black magic. I think we'll see more Epic start showing up here in Northeast after today's reactions from kiters on the beach.
Sorry Mr.pikovsg, I did not see your last post prior to my reply to this thread. So you did received a demo INFINITY kite from us?

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Boston, Cape Cod, Outer Banks
Favorite Beaches: Cape Cod, Tarifa, Maui, Cabarete, Guadeloupe, Pleasure Bay.
Any session with a BRM Cloud and a hydrofoil.
Style: Soul, Freestyle, Race
Gear: -
Duotone Dice SLS, BRM Clouds, Ozone R1V2
Lift 150, Moses 637
Triton Custom V3 Bat 37", Temavento Sync
Carved Imperator
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pikovsg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Dimitri - I'm the guy using your personal kite and the proto bar. :)

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:28 pm

I would just like point out that the average joe review of the Infinity was done on a out of tune bar and Kirk states that. Any kite will not work great when it is tested that way.

Jimmy

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:43 pm

soul19 wrote:I would just like point out that the average joe review of the Infinity was done on a out of tune bar and Kirk states that. Any kite will not work great when it is tested that way.

Jimmy
The bar we used was a brand new out of the plastic Epic bar, which we sent back to Dimitri to confirm if was working the way it was supposed to and he said everything was good before we tested it again (Roger was such a fan of Dimitri that he didn't want to put out a negative review unless we were 110% sure, which is why the video came much later). We also tested it more than every other kite and flew it with different bars, same results. Go ahead and test the kite. If you like it get it. You asked for feedback and that's what many of the kiters around here had to say about the kite. In one of the top areas for lightwind kiting there is a reason we don't see them, or when they show up they get traded out.

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Lift 150, Moses 637
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Something big must have happened in V4 of the kite. The Infinity V4 I tested was not just better than any light wind I tested, it was in a whole new league. Did not think such power and control was possible from what seems to be a 15-16m kite.

deniska
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Plumb Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete
Gear: FS, Core

Postby deniska » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:43 pm

pikovsg wrote:Something big must have happened in V4 of the kite. The Infinity V4 I tested was not just better than any light wind I tested, it was in a whole new league. Did not think such power and control was possible from what seems to be a 15-16m kite.
hmm, I tested it side by side with Zephyr, and it had less power & upwind ability than the ozone.. (tested with 132x43TT in border-line conditions)
Seemed pretty slow too.. However I only rode it for 10-15 minutes, jumped back to Zephyr, tired of the upwind struggle..
The owner asked me to check the setup and try it as he also noticed that he was outperformed by other lightwind kites..
We checked the lines -all seemed to be of proper length, etc..
Anyway, glad to see that at least some people love it..
I would personally put it in a "lightwind kite for a light person" category..

pikovsg
Frequent Poster
Lift 150, Moses 637
Carved Imperator

Postby pikovsg » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:10 pm

I'm 80kg and tried the Zephyr as well. The Infinity had waaay more power on low end than Zephyr. 17m Flite also had way more low end power than Zephyr. I can foil with Flite in 8-9 miles, with Infinity in 6-7 miles, which is just cray. Those two extra miles go a long way for me. When foiling in 8 miles on Infinity it becomes totally comfortable and you don't worry about going farther from shore.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by pikovsg » 22 Jul 2016 12:17
Dimitri - I'm the guy using your personal kite and the proto bar. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So the email bellow is you?
What a small world. You are the one I sent my personal INFINITY V4 demo kite because all our other INFINITY V4 demos were out until the 31st of August?

I guess like I said before, the kite talk for itself. No need to say anything else. :thumb:
Attachments
Customer demoing the INFINTIY V4 kite from dimitri.jpg

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:32 pm

pikovsg wrote:I'm 80kg and tried the Zephyr as well. The Infinity had waaay more power on low end than Zephyr. 17m Flite also had way more low end power than Zephyr. I can foil with Flite in 8-9 miles, with Infinity in 6-7 miles, which is just cray. Those two extra miles go a long way for me. When foiling in 8 miles on Infinity it becomes totally comfortable and you don't worry about going farther from shore.
Was this a back to back comparison or wind sensor data on two different days?

Return to “Kitesurfing”