Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: North Click Bar Official Unofficial Thread

Postby sonny2727 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:44 am

can someone confirm that this click bar won't work with North Fuse with dual front line flagging? how come I ended up kites with single 5th, 1 front , 2 front flagging ....high Y low V ....actually once you get rid of the bar kitesurfing is great

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 am

sonny2727 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:44 am
can someone confirm that this click bar won't work with North Fuse with dual front line flagging? how come I ended up kites with single 5th, 1 front , 2 front flagging ....high Y low V ....actually once you get rid of the bar kitesurfing is great
I looks like the single-line flagging bars are not compatible with the Fuse...
Dan-at-North wrote:For those of you looking for info on compatibility of older 4-line kites with the newer 4-line bar and vice versa, here's what I've got so far:

Evos and Neos from 2012 on should work on the newer bar. All Dice should work on the newer bar. I have not heard that Fuses and older Evos will work on the new bar.

I believe that most 2015 Evos and Dice and Neos should work on the older bar, but I can't guarantee that. My feeling is that they should lay over as in the past, but my guess is that the worst that happens is that the kite will depower and sit straight downwind and sit nose-down in the relaunch position., but I'd recommend testing and always being prepared to pull the secondary if the primary doesn't work as expected.

Hope this helps.

-Dan

sonny2727
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: St Kilda
Gear: Duotone,Kauper, Ozone, Shinn, Flysurfer, Moses, Axis,Slingshot
Reo,Edge,Rebel,R1,
Sonic,Peak4,Soul,
Falcon

Postby sonny2727 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am

Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 am
sonny2727 wrote:
Dan-at-North wrote:For those of you looking for info on compatibility of older 4-line kites with the newer 4-line bar and vice versa, here's what I've got so far:

Evos and Neos from 2012 on should work on the newer bar. All Dice should work on the newer bar. I have not heard that Fuses and older Evos will work on the new bar.

I believe that most 2015 Evos and Dice and Neos should work on the older bar, but I can't guarantee that. My feeling is that they should lay over as in the past, but my guess is that the worst that happens is that the kite will depower and sit straight downwind and sit nose-down in the relaunch position., but I'd recommend testing and always being prepared to pull the secondary if the primary doesn't work as expected.

Hope this helps.

-Dan
but this video shows how to make click bar release to 5th line?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSyKES37mZs

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Lokihel » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:09 pm

sonny2727 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am
Da Yoda wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:56 am
sonny2727 wrote:

Hope this helps.

-Dan
but this video shows how to make click bar release to 5th line?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSyKES37mZs

You can make it release to 5th line by swapping the flag line and the 5th line on your Click Bar.
It is just not advertised by North because it is not dummy-proof.

Yeap
Rare Poster
Gear: North Kiteboarding

Postby Yeap » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm

Who try click bar in low V with the new evo 2018 ?

purdyd
Very Frequent Poster

Postby purdyd » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:49 am

Yeap wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 pm
Who try click bar in low V with the new evo 2018 ?
I have a new evo and a new click bar but this is the first I have heard of a low V. Where have you seen this?

balticswell
Medium Poster

Postby balticswell » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 am

Just remove the V-distributor completely and you'll have a bar with low V. Kite behavior will change though.
My question: has somebody tried the NKB ACE on an low V setting or any other traditional 4liner bar?

Yeap
Rare Poster
Gear: North Kiteboarding

Postby Yeap » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Yes evo 2018 and click without the plastic part for a low V

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Yeah a legit question. Interested as well if I get a '18 Evo 14m (says it needs the high Y) and I still want to use my Click bar with some other brand kites that use the low V.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:23 pm

I use vegas and rebel with low V bars..and its better feeling than the Y...i have the original bar too and dont like...more direct control with V..

Return to “Kitesurfing”