Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Forum for kitesurfers
keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 175lbs
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Style: Free ride big air
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic 3, 13m, Flysurfer Soul 9m, Gin Spirit 12m, Flysurfer Radical board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Postby keegster17 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:51 pm

I would like to see the results of this camera. I bought the Garmin Ultra 30, and right now, the only downside I can see is what this one does with the gimbal. I am just learning and new to video editing with action camera's, so right now a little frustrated learning to rotate my video in virb editor, as it only has rotate 180 degree's option. Doesn't really help me on a line mount recording.

Vantage
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Long Bay, TCI
Le Morne, Mauritius
Key West Flats
Style: I have ZERO style...
Gear: 2016 Switchblades
Axis Vanguard
Nobile NHP Split
Been thanked: 0

Postby Vantage » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:22 am

I was invited to a live event on the Revl a few days ago. It was pretty detailed, went through everything from design to manufacture, the software, how the stabilisation works, the features on the camera, basically almost everything you could want to know. What came across to me was how good a bunch they were and what a fantastic bit of kit it's going to be when we get it. These guys are kiters, bikers, snowboarders, etc so they know exactly what the camera has to do and to stand up to. That's got to be a good thing.

I had asked for refund and then after a few emails back and fore cancelled my request, and it seems I was a pretty early backer and that's why the update was given.

Anyway, the long and short of it is, it's going to be amazing and I'm quite happy to suffer my Gopro until the expected delivery date in summer. By the way, I've no affiliation to Revl, just giving you an update since I know there's a few of us in the same boat waiting for it.

cheers,

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:39 am

Vantage, what did they say regarding the delay?
When will it finally be available?

Vantage
Medium Poster
Le Morne, Mauritius
Key West Flats
Axis Vanguard
Nobile NHP Split

Postby Vantage » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:07 pm

There were three main reasons for the delay, all reasonable and all out of their hands. The main one seemed to be that one of the main components is no longer available and the new part will take a while to get it integrated and ready for the finished article. Deliveries in August and they seemed pretty confident. There are a few announcements coming soon, which they didn't divulge, but which will really promote the camera well apparently.

As I say, I asked for a refund but after seeing what they are doing, I'm glad I changed my mind.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Thx for the info, good to know.

I think it is a fantastic product! Can't wait to film my
Tricks with it. But will wait til it's available.

Vantage
Medium Poster
Le Morne, Mauritius
Key West Flats
Axis Vanguard
Nobile NHP Split

Postby Vantage » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:15 am

Had another live update from Revl on the Arc a few days ago. By all accounts they are making really good progress and still on target for August. The main component issue that I mentioned last time has been resolved and they seem to have resolved the battery supply issue as well. All in all it was a really positive update I'm getting excited to get my hands on it eventually. They showed some video with enhancements they've made and it looks the dogs. No details were given but they've obviously done some deals with big organisations to showcase the camera for launch.

cheers,

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:52 am

awesome! fingers crossed !!! keep us informed!

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:15 pm

Latest from Revl. Aren't they delaying the process by working on accessories we don't really care about before we've got the the thing?

Great news. We are getting super close to our shipping date - just a matter of weeks!
Until then, here are some more important updates.

New Partnerships

In order to enhance and innovate the REVL experience, we have some new and exciting partnerships in the works. Among these upcoming collaborations, there is a pending partnership with drone company AirDog. You may be able to use REVL with a drone that follows you to capture some incredible aerial experiences!

New Accessories

As always, our team has been hard at work developing awesome new accessories to accompany your REVL.

Dual battery charger - we’ve landed upon a final design: it charges two batteries super fast, and is perfectly compact for taking on the go.
Prototype for the new kite mount - we’ve developed this mount to be super simple and easy to use. It will level your camera no matter how your kite moves on the water. It’s also lightweight, and smaller than a GoPro with a waterproof case.
Second axis - we’re working on a slimmed down version of the original prototype. More updates coming soon.
The REVL “puck” - a tentative name… this device has a GPS, magnetometer, accelerometer, and more. It can be used with the REVL camera to provide more information to the REVL app, helping you to better edit your videos. It’s in the works, and you’ll definitely hear much more about it soon.
Mountain bike mount - finally, our team has also been working on a new mount with a z-shaped stabilizer that’s perfect for mountain bikers and off-roaders. We’ll reveal details on this accessory very soon as well.

revl_puck_2_caption_large.jpg
revl_puck_2_caption_large.jpg (26.81 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm

I can't believe this thing still isn't out....

For their sake I hope it launches soon and is a reliable, perfect working camera. I didn't invest originally as I'm tired of being an unknowing beta tester for products. For $400 I can't have another dud/dead camera sitting in a drawer.

I'm hoping this thing is a home run and works as advertised. I REALLY want a stabilized camera for kiting and mountain biking.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:25 pm

I didn't preorder one. I preordered two. And I'm afraid I might end up with none. :jump:

Return to “Kitesurfing”