Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Forum for kitesurfers
rogue_kiteboarder
Frequent Poster
Gear: Crazy Fly Bulldozer/Crazyfly Raptor LTD, Naish Pivot, Duotone Rebel, Crazyfly Hyper, Mystic Majestic X
Brand Affiliation: Kiteboarding.com
Has thanked: 0

Re: Revl Arc cam: Anybody preorder one?

Postby rogue_kiteboarder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:09 pm

Like this:

IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG

Bill C
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Bill C » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:24 pm

rogue_kiteboarder wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:59 pm
You should lose the thumb screw and replace it with a regular screw. I have seen people get their lines caught on the thumb screw much more often than any other part of the line mount.
Agreed. When I sell them, I provide a stainless steel bolt.

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:38 pm

kitenight11 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:19 am
Woah, that Looks awsome. How Long do you have to edit to get this result and was it very complicated? And how did it look when it came straight rawly out of the cam/Card? Could you post a short footage of the raw Output?
I think I will also try this cam, if it won't be to complicated. Do you have a Picture of your diy Mount?
Thanks for a Reply.
Horizon stabilized video came directly to timeline. It is virb video editor setting to autolevel horizon. On first jump you see it's effect as kite flew past zenith and editor rotated video continuous like kite loop was done.

Edit is simple what I observed. You bring clip to timeline. Then you select view port to video and press button where viewport is stored by time. Then go forward and select new view and press same button. Editor then creates smoorth pan/transition between stored views.

So example video took only some minutes to compile/ 'direct'.

Here is screenshot from raw video captured with vlc player.
IMG-20180308-WA0015.jpg
Mount
28337099_10156154013319304_5300735204165374409_o.jpg

kitenight11
Medium Poster
Gear: North

Postby kitenight11 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Thanks for your help. So that means that with one klick and the view pointed towards you/the rider, you can instantly safe and view the footage horizon levelled even when the kite rotates.
If it is this way, it's what we were looking for, I guess? What about Image Quality native, compared to gopros?
Thanks again and great looking linemount by the way, doesn't look like self made :-)

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone

Postby joriws » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Yes the video process was simple. You can see kitelines shaking in the levelled video around camera but frame stays level. Non-360 video would be utterly shaky without a lot of post-manual stabilization..

Image quality comment - it could be better with more pixels and higher bitrates. Battery comment at -20C - it dies too quickly. Stock video editor comment - could be better for example titling. So there is room to improve.

About 1st ver mount. Thanks for the compliment. Improvement there - Kite lines pressed mount sides together so they are partially visible in the image. Mount on hand testing they are not visible.

Jugglajon
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 100 Pies
Local Beach: Holbox, or wherever I end up.
Favorite Beaches: Clee, Lytham, Holbox, Kappalady, Vella Island, Alankuda, Keros, Long Bay - Turks and Caicos, Rawai, OBX
Style: Foil, surf, freerace, ski, landboard
Gear: Axis Tray 94cm -MIA
Axis 545-MIA, 660 and 1000
Axis 96cm mast -MIA
Moses 633/483 and diy pocket board with C72 mast.
18m Slingshot Phantom
9m Core X Lite
7m Edge V8
6m HK Fury Pro
Axis 136 limited
Airush Sector V3 60
Brand Affiliation: Holbox Kiteboarding school manager

Postby Jugglajon » Tue May 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Got to test my revl arc out yesterday. Heres a quick test edit. I'm super happy with the work flow. Battery lasted 50 minutes from more or less full charge. Look forward to messing around with it some more. A remote would make me even happier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pu1_py96SY

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue May 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Jugglajon, that is sweet footage.
TBH, I am not interested in dealing with a manual stabilizer on the GoPro. I think the Revl make the gopro look like it was made a decade ago.

As far as I know the Revl also has a lot of extra info on like GPS positioning and speed measurements. Did you experiment with them?

Jugglajon
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 100 Pies
Local Beach: Holbox, or wherever I end up.
Favorite Beaches: Clee, Lytham, Holbox, Kappalady, Vella Island, Alankuda, Keros, Long Bay - Turks and Caicos, Rawai, OBX
Style: Foil, surf, freerace, ski, landboard
Gear: Axis Tray 94cm -MIA
Axis 545-MIA, 660 and 1000
Axis 96cm mast -MIA
Moses 633/483 and diy pocket board with C72 mast.
18m Slingshot Phantom
9m Core X Lite
7m Edge V8
6m HK Fury Pro
Axis 136 limited
Airush Sector V3 60
Brand Affiliation: Holbox Kiteboarding school manager

Postby Jugglajon » Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am

Thanks.

It appears the android app doesn't yet support the gps or editing which is a shame but I found the csv file with all the data automatically stored. Lat Lon speed etc. will play around when I get the chance. Impressive.

The setup with the linemount is slick and tangle free. the quick release mechanism is also much easier than gopro nuts and bolts. My only mild concern is that they put the leash holes on the quick release button.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed May 09, 2018 3:27 am

Jugglajon wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 2:04 am
Thanks.

It appears the android app doesn't yet support the gps or editing which is a shame but I found the csv file with all the data automatically stored. Lat Lon speed etc. will play around when I get the chance. Impressive.

The setup with the linemount is slick and tangle free. the quick release mechanism is also much easier than gopro nuts and bolts. My only mild concern is that they put the leash holes on the quick release button.
Nice. TO me it seems like a product that outcompetes GoPro and Woo in one swoop.

sertec
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Muriwai
Orewa
New Plymouth
Sumner Bar
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai New Zealand
Style: Freeride
Gear: Airush
Been thanked: 0

Postby sertec » Tue May 22, 2018 7:07 am

Video looks good...but why is the horizon not staying level?... isn't that the purpose of this device?

Return to “Kitesurfing”