Best

Forum for kitesurfers
alford
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: all brands
Brand Affiliation: None

Best

Postby alford » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:50 am

Is Best built in same facility as North and Core in Sri Lanka? How do they rate in build quality?

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Re: Best

Postby rtz » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:18 am

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby windrt » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:16 am

As from 2016th they are built in Sri Lanka, previous year was built in Cabrinhas factory with lots of issues.
Af from 2016th the quality is top notch, no issues.
2015th production had problems, and overall quality issues, I've heard that they have a lawsuit with the factory because of that.

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Afaik Best has been built in the North factory for quite some years now. Maybe even from the beginning.

I always thought Core was the same factory too, but turns out it's a different one.

Zian was with North, but they have their own facility now.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Wait....Best is still in business?
I thought they went broke from hiring dozens of pro freestyle riders to represent their company for several years now.
Glad to hear they are concentrating on building durable kites.
Not sure why any kite company thinks paying a bunch of freestyle competitors to fly their C kites (their least sold kites) is the way to influence the average kiter.
Isn't the average kiter a middle aged or older man who flies his kites hooked in and rides a strapless surfboard or his new foil-board...or just freerides around on a twintip?
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:14 pm

The Zian page talks about their management team but no mention of who designs the kites for them.
I think it would be very helpful to their brand to reveal who that is.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:52 am

L0KI wrote:Wait....Best is still in business?
I thought they went broke from hiring dozens of pro freestyle riders to represent their company for several years now.
Not sure why any kite company thinks paying a bunch of freestyle competitors to fly their C kites (their least sold kites) is the way to influence the average kiter.
Isn't the average kiter a middle aged or older man who flies his kites hooked in and rides a strapless surfboard or his new foil-board...or just freerides around on a twintip?
I'm guessing that's why they ended up dropping their pro team after people still didnt buy their kites :roll:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:37 am

They still list 151 team riders on their website!!! :o

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:46 am

Ha! You just described EVERY kite company. Nice try trolling on Best though.

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:02 am

Eurus wrote:
Ha! You just described EVERY kite company. Nice try trolling on Best though.
Except that Best bought up a ton of pro riders all at once, then dumped them all as soon as their contracts expired. Not real sure what their plan was there.

Return to “Kitesurfing”