Shinn Foil Model F
Slingshot Tyrant 5'8" 2014
Stretch The thing 5'6" kitesurfing construction
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

xensr poor customer service

Postby Manuel V » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:10 pm

I purchased a xensr and from day one don't work properly and I went thru different firmware updates.
the device work only for 2 or 3 sections and them don't work.. I contact them and end sending my xensr for a replacement on June 25.

After many follow up and emails I have been waiting for the replacement for 2 months and a week.

Today I decide to make another follow up of the status of my replacement unit and they answer. " As soon as we are able, we will send you a replacement." Really? :angryfire:

I'm speechless with the poor customer service.

Have any one had the same problem?

Thanks

nothing2seehere
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 72
Local Beach: Calshot, Hayling, Meon - Southcoast UK
Gear: Duotone Rebel, Evo SLS, Flysurfer Soul/Peak, Ocean rodeo jester, Airush Ultra, shinn boards

Re: xensr poor customer service

Postby nothing2seehere » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:27 am

Not the same. It did take a little while to find out where my website registration went wrong (The backend doesn't accept email aliasing but the registration portal does) and it took over 24 hours to get back to me. Not excessive, particularly as I'm a good few time zones ahead and they did come up with a solution.

Did you update through a phone app or direct via USB? Interesting to know which to avoid.

Sounds possibly unlucky/Friday afternoon special. Xensr don't really sell direct to Europe, so here the retailer would normally deal with the exchange process for us - which would probably be an exchanged unit. Over 2 months isn't great. At least they appear to have accepted that there was a fault. Nothing worse than the manufacturer not being able to find out anything is broken and sending you the same broken unit back again.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Postby Pemba » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:45 pm

I bought two, one for a friend of mine. Mine worked fine from the beginning, my friends had problems. It was replaced quickly and without any hassle.

Manuel V
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Shacks, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: For Surfing:
Rocky Point, Hawaii
Colorado, Nicaragua
Indicators, Rincon, Puerto Rico

Kiteboarding:
Anegada, BVI
Shacks, PR
Style: Intermediate wave, TT hooked
Gear: 6,7 and 9 M Ozone REO V4
9M Ozone Edge V9
12M Ozone Enduro 2017
Flysurfer speed 5 9M and 11M
Jimmy Lewis 5'9" Shack
Cohete Dizer 5'10"
Shinn BronQ 133x41 2015
Shinn Foil Model F

Postby Manuel V » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:53 am

They give me an authorization return number and I send my xensr on June 25.

On July 7 I receive and answer to my follow up, they answer:
"Yes, we did receive it. We will be sending out a replacement soon. I am hoping we can get the replacement out this week yet."

On July 25 they answer me:
""we have been backlogged and are currently awaiting stock so we can send you out your replacement. We are very sorry for the delay."

I can't believe this is happening.........
Two months ago and after many follow up emails I still waiting for my replacement xensr.
In my case, Horrible customer service.

My friend have also a similar problem with his xensr, he send it for a replacement and they take more than a month to send him a replacement xensr.

Xensr
Rare Poster
Gear: n

Postby Xensr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:52 am

With the recent announcement of the New Xensr Air, all approved RMA's are receiving the new version of the Xensr Air. If you don't want to wait, please contact us on xensr.com/support and we'll send you an original Xensr Air as an RMA.

Manuel V
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Shacks, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: For Surfing:
Rocky Point, Hawaii
Colorado, Nicaragua
Indicators, Rincon, Puerto Rico

Kiteboarding:
Anegada, BVI
Shacks, PR
Style: Intermediate wave, TT hooked
Gear: 6,7 and 9 M Ozone REO V4
9M Ozone Edge V9
12M Ozone Enduro 2017
Flysurfer speed 5 9M and 11M
Jimmy Lewis 5'9" Shack
Cohete Dizer 5'10"
Shinn BronQ 133x41 2015
Shinn Foil Model F

Postby Manuel V » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Xensr wrote:With the recent announcement of the New Xensr Air, all approved RMA's are receiving the new version of the Xensr Air. If you don't want to wait, please contact us on xensr.com/support and we'll send you an original Xensr Air as an RMA.
Your answer is all P.R.

Honestly this is the longest time I have waited for a replacement of any type of product from any company.
your customer service for me and 2 other friends have been really bad.
We send units and don't received them back yet for more than a month in my case for more than two moths.

I have been contacting xensr/support for more than two months and the respond is they don't send because: "awaiting stock so we can send you out your replacement."
They never mention about new version of the xensr and ask me if I want to wait to receive the new version.

My xensr don't work properly from day one. Why xensr don't send a new unit during the first week of the case and close this warranty case?
In July 7 your jeddi say that I would receive it during the next week.

The damage is already done. And I waited a long time for you now come with a new excuse for the delay.
If now the reason for the delay is that you would be shipping the new version my question is, when I'm going to receive it?
Because your web page say the xensr air is in pre-order until November 20.

fogmeister
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ontario
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer, ALPINEFOIL

Postby fogmeister » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:31 pm

if you get the new version be very happy.......much better than the first one apparently. They are doing you a service. keep in mind all these things, woo xensr piq are in the pioneering stage......gonna be some growing pains, but patients and understanding will be rewarded.

Xensr
Rare Poster
Gear: n

Postby Xensr » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Manuel V - PM sent.

richlee
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Jimmy Lewis, Nobile

Postby richlee » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:38 pm

I purchased a Xensr on Sept 14 2016. I tried to use it Oct 10 and have been plagued with problems: not acquiring a gps lock, not recording data, recording incorrect data, software glitch, etc. Finally on Oct 14 I started e mailing their customer support and long story short is I have been wasting 10 days of e mailing back and forth. They requested the serial number, then my mailing address, then the original mailing address, my phone number, name of retailer, on and on. I was thinking they were going to send me a new one and I'd just send back the old one. Finally after getting frustrated I sent them an e mail requesting the name and phone number of the President of Xensr. My case was escalated and I received an e mail from a higher up and was told: they are out of stock and I am shitoutofluck in different words. I am not happy at all with the Xensr nor their "customer support". One other item worthy of mention is that you cannot see the Xensr lights outside if the sun is out (You need to see the lights to operate it). Waste of money.

richlee
Rare Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Jimmy Lewis, Nobile

Postby richlee » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Follow up to my Oct 26 2016 post on Xensr: Nothing is resolved. I've e mailed them twice since last post requesting a time frame or replacement of Xensr. No response. When there is a problem with a product, it is understandable. What is important is how the company handles the problem. That is Xensr's failing. I rate them a terrible company to deal with and would not recommend them.

Return to “Kitesurfing”