Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ion Apex Select - Pinching

Forum for kitesurfers
adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Ion Apex Select - Pinching

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:47 am

I've basically used Dakine Renegade harnesses for the last 7 years, so when my latest one started to wear and straps break, I tried on some new harnesses and went with the Ion Apex Select. I'm roughly a 31 waist and went with a small.

I've got 2 sessions on it, and I'm noticing that it pinches my ribs, it's not riding up as bad as my Renegade was, but.........the pinching on my ribs is getting old fast.

I never had this issue with the Renegade, although the Ion is really comfy on my back. Any solutions? If it continues, someone is about to get a cheap deal on a harness

TimS
Medium Poster
Style: Freeride/freestyle
Gear: Core GTS/XR
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ion Apex Select - Pinching

Postby TimS » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:18 am

You really need a size Medium, i have the same waist size and first i had the Small size also and it hurts my ribs after a while.
Go 1 size up then you're good and is very comfy :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”