Chicken Loops

Forum for kitesurfers
keegster17
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Weight: 175lbs
Local Beach: Lake Ontario
Style: Free ride big air
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic 3, 13m, Flysurfer Soul 9m, Gin Spirit 12m, Flysurfer Radical board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Chicken Loops

Postby keegster17 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Can any chicken loop go on any bar? I have a Liquid Force 2014 CPR bar and want to put a Liquid Force 2015 Response bar chicken loop on the CPR bar. I am not a big fan of the chicken loop on CPR bar.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq

Re: Chicken Loops

Postby Pemba » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Any chicken loop on any bar ? No. But that's not the real question I think since you are considering a specific bar and chicken loop. I would contact Liquid force if you don't get the answer here.

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:05 pm

good question.
I'm thinking on changing my Fone CL to Cab quick release. SInce I'm using RE sliding rope, I do not need donkey dick. I like the Cab's small size and clean look.
Any advise wellcome!

cheers

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Starsky » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:41 pm

The things that should match are:

Does the leash attachment run through them the same way or at least in a way that will work with the new CL.

Does the top of the CL match up acceptably with the bottom of the opening in the bar as not to cause premature wear or any kind of jam.

Does the new chicken loop have a single or double depower line like the one its replacing. Some double depower line chicken loops work fine with only a single line.

There may be something I'm missing with things like auto unpinning features on some new bars or proprietary poly covered depower lines, but for the most part as long as you get the overall depower line length the same and preserve the smooth functioning of the leash line you can pretty much swap em all.

K-Roy
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Balaton
Taiba, Brasil
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco to Jeri
Style: strapless SB & strapless FB
Gear: Fone Bandit X, XII, Breeze V2. and Diablo V.1
FW Vader, OR Duke, Mitu Pro, Fone foil
Brand Affiliation: Fone brand Ambassador

Postby K-Roy » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Starsky wrote:The things that should match are:

Does the leash attachment run through them the same way or at least in a way that will work with the new CL.

Does the top of the CL match up acceptably with the bottom of the opening in the bar as not to cause premature wear or any kind of jam.

Does the new chicken loop have a single or double depower line like the one its replacing. Some double depower line chicken loops work fine with only a single line.

There may be something I'm missing with things like auto unpinning features on some new bars or proprietary poly covered depower lines, but for the most part as long as you get the overall depower line length the same and preserve the smooth functioning of the leash line you can pretty much swap em all.
Thanks!
I will try to get a closer look of a Cab. bar asap.

Cheers

Hpr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: West Coast Cape Town
Gear: 5th gear

Postby Hpr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:28 am

The CPR has below the bar trim with the cleat on the chickenloop. The response has above the bar trim. So a straight swop won't work, you'll need to change a few other things. It's probably not worth the effort, just get the whole bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”