Forum for kitesurfers
TommyDelly
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Dice Opinions

Postby TommyDelly » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:41 pm

Well for me Ozone stands out from the rest and i am sorry if you dont feel the same way :) I am just very excited about the Enduro and want to share the stoke ;)

You say Edge is overpriced, well it is a race kite that won many races, so its like a ferrari...overpriced ;) I am going to say this again, the Enduro is a magical kite (for me), and if you think this is hype then get the Dice or whatever you want, i really couldnt care less ;)

Also I think being a kite instructor and having lots of experience with different kites should give my opinion more weight...or do you need a Pokemon to help you?! xD

Plastimo
Medium Poster

Postby Plastimo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:16 pm

So being a kite instructor have you flown the 2017 Dice GTS4 Cab FX..... can you explain the magical differences from these kites?

TommyDelly
Medium Poster

Postby TommyDelly » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:40 pm

I havent flown the FX, would love to try though... I have flown the Dice 2016 and like i said its comparable to Cat 2015, but Cat is faster turning(10m cat turns faster than the 9m dice) and better upwind...GTS i flown only the GTS2 model and it was a very nice kite, also very similar to the old Ozone C4(2010-2012),I think the Enduro can compare to the Core GTS. But Core kites must be the most expensive/overpriced kites out there..

Teabageppo
Frequent Poster
Style: Air style - Freeride
Gear: Rebel 10m 2017, nobile carbon NHP 2017, north nugget 2015.

Postby Teabageppo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02 am

Pfff kite instructor. I bet my house I've ridden more kites and for longer than you. And the catalyst was an average kite at best. Turns quicker. Wow so fckn what. Looped poorly, was shit to unhook, was terrible near its top third, became a grunty punchy price of crap, and drifted like shit ... compared to the dice. Trust me we tried and tried and tried to like the catalyst as we had a great relationship with the ozone dealer. Didn't even come close.

Enduro though I make no opinion of as yet.

But the fact you say the 2015 cat was Bette than the side makes me doubt everything else you say.

I'm a kite instructor... who gives a flying Fck

Plastimo
Medium Poster

Postby Plastimo » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:06 pm

I have to agree after finding gleiten tv and watching the video reviews (Even though most are in German) You can at least see how the kite reacts and behaves with a intermediate rider (Non Professional). I must say the Enduro does look to have a lot of traits that are described above from the previous year catalyst's and the Dice looks like a smoother kite with much better drift. But again this is just from watching some amateur video of the Kites. Straight from Ozones Website "THE ENDURO V1 DESIGN IS INSPIRED FROM THE OUTSTANDING CATALYST 2015 MODEL. " So yes it looks like they took the Cat slightly swept the wing tips and added the 2011 C4 front bridal adjustment to it. Although my C4s from 2010 are deadly kites, I seem to feel they only have a few knot sweet spot were they really shine and are magical then they do become a bit punchy and grunty as well. But these are just my thoughts after Kiteboarding for 10 years....

Return to “Kitesurfing”