Forum for kitesurfers
Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

US Prices to Skyrocket?

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:07 am

Americans might need to consider saving up $ or stocking up on NOS gear, because I predict prices on kiteboarding gear, especially from EU brands, are going to skyrocket (even more) now under the new presidency. Sad times to be a US kiter.

rddvet
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Petersburg, FL
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha/Axis
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: US Prices to Skyrocket?

Postby rddvet » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:00 am

Settle down chicken little the sky isn't falling.
Your comments are baseless and stupid. You're making assumptions based on personal beliefs. Give it 6 months at least and them see where things are before making statements like this.

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:02 am

rddvet wrote:Settle down chicken little the sky isn't falling.
Your comments are baseless and stupid. You're making assumptions based on personal beliefs. Give it 6 months at least and them see where things are before making statements like this.
Fair enough! Time will tell, but I'm not optimistic. :(

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 am

I think so many Americans are going to be so disappointed when they find out that the sky is not going to fall on their heads, and their country is not going to fall to pieces.

It's the Brexit all over again. People getting their panties in a bunch without actually knowing what is happening.
The Pound Sterling dropped, yet not a single thing has changed since the Brexit, and probably nothing will change for the next two years according to some experts.

Jackie Treehorn
Medium Poster

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:02 pm

Lokihel wrote:The Pound Sterling dropped, yet not a single thing has changed since the Brexit, and probably nothing will change for the next two years according to some experts.
Really, not a single thing? Food prices are rising, fuel prices have risen, the trade deficit has widened, racially motivated attacks are on the increase....

NHKitesurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: MA/NH
Gear: Switch & Cabrinha

Postby NHKitesurfer » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:33 pm

Da Yoda wrote:Americans might need to consider saving up $ or stocking up on NOS gear, because I predict prices on kiteboarding gear, especially from EU brands, are going to skyrocket (even more) now under the new presidency. Sad times to be a US kiter.
Having a little tantrum today are we?

Lokihel
Frequent Poster
Style: Yes
Gear: North, Shinn, Zeeko foil

Postby Lokihel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Jackie Treehorn wrote:
Lokihel wrote:The Pound Sterling dropped, yet not a single thing has changed since the Brexit, and probably nothing will change for the next two years according to some experts.
Really, not a single thing? Food prices are rising, fuel prices have risen, the trade deficit has widened, racially motivated attacks are on the increase....
I mean on a political level.

None of these things were directly ordered by the government.
Neither the British nor the European governments have acted concretely about the Brexit yet.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:42 pm

No way to tell what Trump will do. He's an egotistical a**h*l* with no real principles. It's pointless to speculate if prices go up prices go down. I do think there's a very good chance that the Boeing 747-8 that is often used as Air Force 1 will get a new paint job with "Trump" spelled out in huge big letters above "United States of America", that's about all I can predict. I guess we'll also build a wall? As far as I can tell that's his only real policy, we'll know more in 6 months what the future holds. Brexit got voted in back in June 2016 and still no sign of any movement from London. Article 50 the EU document that governs a Brexit says explicitly that after article 50 is invoked there is a two year transition period before UK can finally leave. Theresa May the current Prime Minister has said that she intends to trigger article 50 June 2017 a year after the vote. Cameron had said when the vote came up he would trigger article 50 immediately but then when the vote came through he decided not to bother. Good chance Theresa May won't trigger article 50 until 2018, then it will be 2020 until the Brexit finally happens though it will probably take another few years because negotiations are not goingg to be easy, maybe 2022 or 2023. The Trump presidency is more immediate, and wildly uncertain. Remember Trump threatened to strategically default on Treasury bills, however, t-bills are still showing an interest rate of about 2%, stock market is gaining so I guess this means that the stock market gurus are pricing in all of Trump's talk as pure bullshit and that he will govern much the same as our previous few presidents. You know stock markets hate uncertainty and there is nothing more uncertain than what a Trump presidency will bring, yet the market keeps gaining. It's going to be an interesting decade.

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Thanku trump if we Will not have a 3th world war.... :D :D bye bye killary go plays with bombs in Your kitchen... :bye: :bye:

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Yeah who knows, both were shitty candidates. It was lose/lose if you ask me.

All I would gamble on is saying bye bye to Obummer Care.

Return to “Kitesurfing”