Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anybody tested cabrinha fireball

Forum for kitesurfers
abel
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Favorite Beaches: Naxos, Kos, Rodos (prasonisi), Red sea, Cumbuco, Kalpitia (Sri Lanka)
Style: freeride, very light winds
Gear: Peak4, Airush Ultra, hydrofoil Moses 633

Anybody tested cabrinha fireball

Postby abel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:46 pm

I started hydrofoiling and found out that a shorter attachment of the bar system feels quite better.
Looking for possible solutions, I ran into the viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2393129&start=120 thread,
but couldn't find enough real test comments.
Anybody tried the Fireball? Bought the kit and exchanged the old hook?

KiteDR
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete, Minnesota
Favorite Beaches: Bahia Salinas, Costa Rica; Cabarete Bay
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Cabrinha, Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anybody tested cabrinha fireball

Postby KiteDR » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:17 pm

I've been riding Fireball since August and it's awesome - not only does having the system closer to you give better feel and control (in my opinion) but for people with shorter arms, whoever they might be, :roll: it brings the trim cleat in closer (previously I rode the recoil system, now trimlite is way more accessible to my reach).

A note, I recognize that I'm comparing only to various chickenloop systems... I'd imagine is still better than micro-loop as you still have a giant hook on your spreader bar, but not sure how it compares for foil/surf to a dynabar system... My (untested) assumption is that fireball mimics the freedom of movement from a dynabar system while giving the secure feel of a direct harness connection.

I haven't ridden unhooked with it, but have swapped kites on the beach using it, quick and easy. Only negative is the proprietary hook that, while necessary for design, makes it more difficult to swap out kites or help someone out if they get into trouble.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:52 am

I have also used the Fireball since August. I have used it foiling and on my surfboard . Used it on the Dakine C-1 and a Ride Engine Elite. Very nice system which I have not found any performance issues. Hook launching is no problem, using a larks head and carabiner. I think it makes the harness feel better, especially the Dakine C-1. Where you would really notice the impressive performance of the Fireball is when you go back to the traditional Chicken Loop System. After using Fireball, the CL clearly has some short comings. That said, I feel the rope slider I use on the Ride Engine is better when I'm on my SB specifically when riding toe side. The Fireball swivels but does not move toward your hip.
Obviously, using Fireball will limit your ability to exchange kites with anyone unless there using it. If you have a 2017 Cabrinha Bar, the retro fit to the Fireball is very simple, just change the CL at the swivel and your done. If you have 2015-16 its a little more involved because the swivel is different. It takes anywhere from 30-60min to change.

stefarius
Medium Poster
Local Beach: ijsselmeer
Style: freeride, wave, foil
Gear: all kind
Been thanked: 0

Postby stefarius » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:32 pm

Clean & easy to use bar system.
Couldn't feel a real difference between a loop or fireball.
Changing the spreader bar on a North Harness was easy, few minutes. The only thing you don't see in the movie bellow, you lose the protection piece quite easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlcyfNFlKc

Return to “Kitesurfing”