Forum for kitesurfers
jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Postby jaystore » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:42 am

iriejohn wrote:
plummet wrote:Is there an option to fix the safety line not other than the sliding rope?

I See a potential failure point. If the sliding rope fails, its a wearing item so it will fail at some point, you loose the kite completely. In my mind the safety line should not be attached to the sliding rope. That way if the rope breaks at least you have the kite flagged to safety and can self rescue.
Correct. That's exactly why I have my safety attached to the side of my XT bar which is permanently attached to my harness (the LHS in my case). And it's still on the front of course so that if the shit hits it I'll be dragged forwards rather than backwards as those who have their leashes attached towards the rear of their harnesses risk happening to them.
We already assembly the DYNABAR XW V8 this way, two dyneema leash one for hook and one for safety leash . The new 2017 safety leash will have an additional 25cm dyneema extension cord to attach to a fix point on the bar.
Attachments
DYNABAR-XW-V8-1-2016-17.jpg

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Re: Jay 2017 Game Changer

Postby Do-it » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:32 pm

jaystore wrote:
Do-it wrote:Jaystore.....most of the Dynabar users here in the Orlando area use ion board short harnesses. You should go that route if you want to sell some gear. I would by a pair. The ions just don't last that long. 6-8-months
We have a more effective solution, shorts with straps + waist harness. You only replace shorts when worn out and keep the harness.
Cool.....get some mediums over to 321 kiteboarding quickly, my current ions need replacing. :thumb:

ripper tom
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby ripper tom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:18 am

jaystore wrote: About history
In the 2nd half of the last century sailing harnesses started to have composite components.
In 2013 we started the tests of Adjustable Back Support and used fiberglass battens and PVC layers to stiff the back.
In 2014 RE started the challenge of full rigid harness back and since then other brands like us designed same solution.
f
bla bla
http://www.rideengine.com/STORY/About-Us.html
Coleman Buckley startet 2010 with hardshell custom harnesses
game changer ? r a cheap copy :lol:

ripper tom
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby ripper tom » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:19 am

ripper tom wrote:
In the 2nd half of the last century sailing harnesses started to have composite components.
In 2013 we started the tests of Adjustable Back Support and used fiberglass battens and PVC layers to stiff the back.
In 2014 RE started the challenge of full rigid harness back and since then other brands like us designed same solution.
f
bla bla
game changer ? a cheap copy :lol:

mr_daruman
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Okinawa beaches
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
New Caledonia
Canaries
Style: Surfkite
Gear: Switch
Ozone
Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Jimmy Lewis, Infinity

Postby mr_daruman » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:31 am

Yo what you riding? Got a Ride Engine, whats yours?
Its a Jay Harness.
...a what harness?
A J...never mind...

Branding 101.
:bye:

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am

ripper tom wrote:
ripper tom wrote:
f
bla bla
game changer ? a cheap copy :lol:
Semirigid harness design is older than hard shell design.
We think our FlexTech 2.0 will bring kitesurfing one small step forward. About history, in 2013 DYNABAR was sold by RE as spreader bar for their harnesses and was the inspiration for their "PROBLEM SOLVED" advertisement campaign. About cheap copy, Internet reminds all the falling apart and braking expensive harnesses, but we learn from mistakes. Nevertheless we confirm that RE went a step forward as we did with DYNABAR in 2008, you should be glad and be fan of kitesurfing innovation.
Game changer is a slogan, in reality you are the player and products are tools who should only make the game a bit easier, safer and cheaper.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:36 pm

I got one of these sliding hooks a few years back. Couldn't use it as it extended the c/l too much and made it too much of a stretch. Complete waste of money.
Has this been sorted?
Seems some manufacturers are bringing the 'pivot/connection point' closer to the body on none sliding designs lately.

jaystore
Frequent Poster

Postby jaystore » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:39 pm

badgb21 wrote:I got one of these sliding hooks a few years back. Couldn't use it as it extended the c/l too much and made it too much of a stretch. Complete waste of money.
Has this been sorted?
Seems some manufacturers are bringing the 'pivot/connection point' closer to the body on none sliding designs lately.
There are some solutions to shorten the extension, search the many posts about dynabar.
A solution is to tighten the dyneema rope by making a new knot and use a sliding ring.
One of the suggested solutions to avoid is to attach CL directly to dyneema rope, some kiters who tried are reporting they had to replace CL loop quite soon because it was cut by the friction.
We hope you can use it again.

Jackie Treehorn
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Jackie Treehorn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:01 pm

jaystore wrote: :( As you already know after one-two years you need to replace the harness, due to the quick worn of neoprene parts caused by the sun and salt water. Action, throw it in the waste with carbonfiber shell included.
In 17 years of kiting I'm on my 3rd harness. If you're claiming your products only last a couple of years at best, its not exactly a ringing endorsement.

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:12 pm

jaystore wrote:
badgb21 wrote:I got one of these sliding hooks a few years back. Couldn't use it as it extended the c/l too much and made it too much of a stretch. Complete waste of money.
Has this been sorted?
There are some solutions to shorten the extension, search the many posts about dynabar.
A solution is to tighten the dyneema rope by making a new knot and use a sliding ring.
One of the suggested solutions to avoid is to attach CL directly to dyneema rope, some kiters who tried are reporting they had to replace CL loop quite soon because it was cut by the friction.
We hope you can use it again.
Well if there is a solution, why did you sell it in the way it was supplied.
The hook it too large and you'd never get the rope tight enough to sit flush enough to your body. Using the ring would bring it closer, but putting the chicken look through a ring is fun launching off a tether. Not sure about releasing to safety either through a ring.
Mine had a metal bar you could use too, which was even worse!
I won't be using it again as it's gone to the tip!
It has to be one of the most disappointing kite products I've ever bought and I've bought a lot of gear.
There surely has to be a sliding hook solution, that does not increase the c/l distance compared to a regular harness hook? One that comes working and doesn't require an hour on Google to make it work, would be nice too.
Why not make and launch a sliding fireball before Cabrinha does? - Game changer!

Convince me you have a great sliding hook and I'd love to demo it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”