Kite Advice: Best TS vs Switch Nitro

Forum for kitesurfers
njrider
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Kite Advice: Best TS vs Switch Nitro

Postby njrider » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:44 am

Looking for a solid 10m kite that is fast turning and has good hang time. Both these kites are priced around the same....so looking for some feedback.

halloi
Medium Poster
Gear: kites and boards
Has thanked: 0

Re: Kite Advice: Best TS vs Switch Nitro

Postby halloi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:12 am

hey there!

if theyre priced the same I would go with Best, especially the TS has a huge following for a reason. the build quality is bullet proof and having dealt with best's customer service I can only say good things about the company.
be aware that 2015 best kites had issues with the LE bladder valve, you can get a new bladder through the warranty dept. for free so its not an issue, just something to keep in mind.

peace :cool2:

mbevo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hood River
Gear: cabinha and switch

Postby mbevo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:47 am

TS is faster turning but nitro has a bit more hang time. Nitro has a bit more range, both kites need a bit of juice to have fun and both have really great high end.

Can't go wrong with either honestly. I've only flown the Nitro V4, the new Nitro 6 looks sick..

jyka
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 85
Local Beach: laru
Style: freestyle
Gear: mixed set

Postby jyka » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am

halloi wrote:hey there!

if theyre priced the same I would go with Best, especially the TS has a huge following for a reason. the build quality is bullet proof

peace :cool2:
I own nemesis 2011 and best ts 2012, and I own also a 10m nitro4. I have to say switch is made of much stronger materials and seems very durable. It's also quite heavy kite but imho it doesn't matter in small sizes.
Switch kites are nowadays at the same prices than many other kites.. like best. But switch spare parts are cheap!

Frank82
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Wijk aan Zee, IJburg, Schellinkhout, Medemblik - Netherlands
Style: freestyle / wakestyle / big air / wave
Gear: Eleveight

Postby Frank82 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:10 pm

Don't compare a 2012 best kite to a 2017 best kite, they made quite some quality improvements.

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:05 pm

NJ Rider,"Looking for a solid 10m kite that is fast turning and has good hang time. Both these kites are priced around the same....so looking for some feedback."
I'm in NJ LBI mostly Ocean side and for West wind bay side I have a 10M Nitro 5 you can fly if your in the area and would kite this time of year.
I have flow 2015 TS not exactly sure of the year I did like the kite all nice characteristics good jumper, light on the bar and nice float, all around nice kite, that being said there was no way I could find it for the same price as a new Nitro,if I could have I may have bought the TS, That being said I couldn't so I went with Switch Nitro s and have been real satisfied with the kites.
My Nitro 5 have very good wind range, the are great jumpers and give you plenty of float, I have not been able to find a new kite for any where near the price of a new Switch Nitro, and I'm quite happy with the performance in both the ocean and bay riding Currently have 10,12, 16, for me at 165lbs 30mph is about the limit for the 10M before its starts to get a bit uncomfortable, low end around 15mph.
X
Last edited by Xtream on Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tegirinenashi
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: 3rd Ave
Gear: Bates 4000, Dominator MX-10

Postby tegirinenashi » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:11 pm

jyka wrote:...Switch kites are nowadays at the same prices than many other kites.. like best...
Really? There is not many 2016 best models left. Realwatersports lists only one best ts model in 16 meter size. It priced attractively reflecting lack of demand (as in that size people usually buy light-wind kites). And how much they want for 2017 models? Don't even ask.

Therefore, one has to do a heck of investigation to find comparatively priced best. As a former best customer, I abandoned that ship long time ago.

Having said that, 2017 best color scheme is superior: there is no black color anywhere to be found.

Airy
Rare Poster
Gear: Airush Varial X

Postby Airy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:21 pm

Is there actually any distribution of Best kites in U.K.? I remember few years back they scooped all the best riders, there was a lot of hype about the brand, all major shops in U.K. we're selling them and suddenly it all gone quiet.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:47 pm

Mark making the Nitro 6 do its thing :)
https://youtu.be/kXe5quAxOXg

dylan*
Very Frequent Poster
Gear:

Postby dylan* » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:18 am

I currently have a mixed quiver of a nitro 4 and some TSes (2015), honestly they are very similar kites and you can't really go wrong with either of them. I'd get whichever you can get a better price on.

Return to “Kitesurfing”