Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Switch Element vs Ozone Enduro (waves/foiling)

Forum for kitesurfers
skullcandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride / Mutant / Waves TT
Gear: Enduro 7m/10m

Re: Switch Element vs Ozone Enduro (waves/foiling)

Postby skullcandy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:40 pm

knotwindy wrote:The Enduro might be just what you are looking for from your description. I have not tried the Element but the Enduro on the front bridle wave setting is very close to the Reo. If you move it to the middle setting it definitely gives more pull in the loops and jumps better. So with the Enduro you have a choice and chance to play with it depending upon the conditions. On either setting it drifts quite nicely so no problem there.
+1 - Enduro is money for what you want to do. Been riding the 10m & 12m for a year now and love it.

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby topmick » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:50 pm

skullcandy wrote:
+1 - Enduro is money for what you want to do. Been riding the 10m & 12m for a year now and love it.
Your right about the money, the Enduro is about twice the price of an Element5 :o

switchkites
Medium Poster
Gear: SwitchKites
Brand Affiliation: SwitchKites
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby switchkites » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Hello Airsail:
All good that you checked weights. Given the Element at 11 (actually larger) and Reo at 10, puts the Element level in weight/sqm: 10/11 = .909 x 3.58 = 3.25kg. Our newer models are lighter thru ongoing improvement. Switch have a strong reputation for durability and quality at a reasonable price. That is our mission.

Thanks to those who posted, even if they haven't had a go on an Element. Keep the stoke!
Cheers!

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:33 pm

naishdude wrote:I have element and fly ozone reo on a regular base.
( ELement V4 versus REO V3)
Switch Element V4 has more force on the powerlines, is a bit heavier due to much more stable construction and materials used, but for the rest it is not worser than a REO V3
Ozone, it flies alone, meaning it hangs for a long time in the air and keeps flying without holding the bar...where the heavier Ev4 goes down to one side much quicker ( Weight?)
Ozone is a thad faster and lighter on the bar and trapeze, but not that much, I do not like the Ozone V3 5m at all strange windrage, it is so different compared to the 7m, where the 5m ElementV4 is a dream with a huge range and very stable.

Selflanding, Element way better than Ozone reo, which keeps lifting its leading edge and fly up again.

Both water start very easy, as said before, if you go for weight, maybe the ozone brings a little andvantage, but overall The Element will do the job too, never have seen pinholes in my Element, but my friends Reo's who switches a lot to my Element V4's, so we both get a good experience on both kites, showed canopy pinholes near the leading edge and middle strut pretty fast, and he always puts the valve screw in its cap befor starting to roll up his kite! never had any in my Switches...
ElementV4 has to my opinion better quality and protection.Reo (the new Ozone reo V4 seems to have more protections on the LE than the V3 <Reo it seems )

Hope this helps a bit
cheers Dude :cool2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”