Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kitesurfing brands must sell kites with bar and pump again

Forum for kitesurfers
sweisburd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 92 kg
Local Beach: Rosario, Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Rosario, Melincué, Pinamar, Punta del Este, Cariló.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivot 9 & Naish Dash 12. Naish Monarch 142- Naish Hover 142 Jet foil Wing 1050

Kitesurfing brands must sell kites with bar and pump again

Postby sweisburd » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:24 pm

Hello to everybody:
I want to start a campaign to show the kite´s brands, the average consumer needs when we buy kites!
We want to buy a kite with its complete package! Every time I want to buy a kite, I have the same problem. They offer the kite without pump or without bar, or bag!
I hate that!
Me and my collegues want to buy complete kite packs! Kite+Bar+Pump+Bag!!!
They save a lot of money (for example: pump is very tedious to ship because of it size) but the customers suffer for that: a) You never have your quiver complete, your pumps get old, and is it difficult to buy one at a reasonable price (specially in argentina) b) everytime you want to sell your used kites, you have problems because the people who buy used need the pumps, etc, etc.
So if you think in a similiar way as I, let me know, and we could contribuite to the industry letting know the consumer`s point of view!
Good winds to everyone!
Santiago Weisburd (Rosario- Argentina)

Blackrat
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Jeffreys Bay , South Africa
Gear: old
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: KITESURFING BRANDS MUST SELL KITES WITH BAR AND PUMP AGAIN!

Postby Blackrat » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:42 pm

So if I buy a quiver of kites let's say three kites now I'm gonna have three pumps ?

No thanks

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 pm

All brands offer complete set ups but not all people want to buy pumps and bars. I for one run just two bars for my 5 kite quiver. I don't need 5 bars and 5 pumps. When I sell, it is mainly kite and bag only depending if I feel like upgrading to a newer bar. I, for one, can't see why having the option of selecting what you want to buy is a bad thing to you? difference of opinion I guess.

Jimmy

Beardytello
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic

Postby Beardytello » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:50 pm

I can't really see a problem, when you buy a kite you get the option of a bar or a pump...am I going to be forced to pay for the bar and pump everytime I need a new kite for my quiver? That's silly.

Unless you mean they sell the kite for the same price as they do now and throw in the bar and pump for free....but that would be an interesting sell for the company considering some bars are retailing in the hundreds....would be good for us though!

sweisburd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 92 kg
Local Beach: Rosario, Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Rosario, Melincué, Pinamar, Punta del Este, Cariló.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivot 9 & Naish Dash 12. Naish Monarch 142- Naish Hover 142 Jet foil Wing 1050

Postby sweisburd » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 pm

I want to clarify my point of view. Sorry for my English, and the use of Caps Keys...
I think that the common kiters doesn´t have 5 o 6 kites quivers. Here in Argentina, we have 2 kites quiver. We doesn´t have a big market either, so it´s difficult for us to buy bars or pumps individually, so when we want to buy accesories, they´re really expensive. And finally, we have the problem of reselling the kites used. People who buy a used kite try to buy it complete here.
I´m sorry if my topic is a bit strange for U.S. or Europe kiters. Perhaps it´s a catarsis post from a southamerican kiter! jajaja
Another interesting topic is what Beardytello told. In these days, although the kite market rise significantly, kite´s equipment cost twice as they do in early 2000, but perhaps is refered to "offer and demand rules" or other explanation that I don´t know.
Thank you for reading my post, and sorry if i bother someone!

cosmo
Medium Poster

Postby cosmo » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:30 pm

The price of kites in Argentina are way to high to add the cost of the pump. The shipping are based on weight and volumen, so basically you pay shipping for a tube of air. You cant compress a pump in a box, so dealers refuse to pay for this just because the consumer dont want either.

Buenos Aires

kiterocky
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montpellier
Gear: Wipika
Brand Affiliation: Wipika

Postby kiterocky » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 pm

No

Beardytello
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic

Postby Beardytello » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:42 pm

sweisburd wrote:I want to clarify my point of view. Sorry for my English, and the use of Caps Keys...
I think that the common kiters doesn´t have 5 o 6 kites quivers. Here in Argentina, we have 2 kites quiver. We doesn´t have a big market either, so it´s difficult for us to buy bars or pumps individually, so when we want to buy accesories, they´re really expensive. And finally, we have the problem of reselling the kites used. People who buy a used kite try to buy it complete here.
I´m sorry if my topic is a bit strange for U.S. or Europe kiters. Perhaps it´s a catarsis post from a southamerican kiter! jajaja
Another interesting topic is what Beardytello told. In these days, although the kite market rise significantly, kite´s equipment cost twice as they do in early 2000, but perhaps is refered to "offer and demand rules" or other explanation that I don´t know.
Thank you for reading my post, and sorry if i bother someone!

It's definitely pretty expensive, I remember reading somewhere that kiting was a much cheaper sport than wakeboarding...I don't know though, my wakeboarding rig boat and all was £3k, so far I've spent about the same on kites :lol:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Kitesurfing brands must sell kites with bar and pump again

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:44 pm

Back then when I bought all together I had many pumps and bars I didn't use, but paid for it. So I wasted money.

Now you can just buy what you need...and if you want a bar and pump, just add to your kite order. Your choice!

If you want them to throw it in for the same price...well, that won't happen...or if, then the price will be accordingly high.

So, nowadays it's much easier to order individually what you need. Good to have those options.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: Kitesurfing brands must sell kites with bar and pump again

Postby Toby » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Beardy: real wakeboards are are 30k+ ;-)

But wind is for free...and that makes the biggest difference between wake and kite.

Return to “Kitesurfing”