Gear: 12-10-8 Naish Torch 2016
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby LorenzoS » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:45 pm

ShredThaGnar wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:19 am
I've got 2017 11m torch but I can't decide if I should get the 9m Dash or Torch. The high end on the 11m is insane and a friend of mine told me his 2017 9m torch lacked in the low end. I'm thinking maybe an 8m or 9m dash or torch. Any advice would help
It really depends on your riding style. If you're all about committed loops and wake style maneuvers I'd highly recommend staying on the Torch. Also keep in mind that to get the equivalent wind range you'll need less meter square on a Dash.

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards

Postby madmax7 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:42 am

I just got an email, from Naish where he interviews his kite designer and compares the Dash more to the Torch, and describes characteristics.

Look it up, good 30 min video

Cristiano_Leandro
Medium Poster
Gear: Best TS

Postby Cristiano_Leandro » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:43 pm

madmax7 wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:42 am
I just got an email, from Naish where he interviews his kite designer and compares the Dash more to the Torch, and describes characteristics.

Look it up, good 30 min video
Do you have a link for that?

seaplus
Medium Poster
Gear: Naish, CrazyFly

Postby seaplus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:28 pm

ShredThaGnar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2nd Ave N.
Wiggins Pass
Tigertail Beach
Big Hickory Island
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Skyway
Curry Hammock
Veterans Beach
Coco Plum
Jetty Island
Style: The Freshest
Gear: 2015 14m FX
2016 11m Chaos
2013 9m RPM

2016 Naish DUB 138X43

Postby ShredThaGnar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:55 pm

I ended up with the 9m dash and found the kites are close in wind range. However the dash is a whole different machine than the torch. It's a bit intimidating as it loops are very powered and not as tight as the torch. Getting height and staying at that height on the dash seems to be easier as well. The only thing I do not like is how far the throw is on the control bar. Im going add a stopper and fix that issue.

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:11 am

I have the new Dash in 9 and 12m. Will get the 14m
Tried the 12 m once and 9 m 3 times now.
I rode the Park HD last year in 9+12+14m
It is a different kite than the HD i would say. Iwas a bit afraid they had f***ed it up as I love the HD, but they didn't IMO
My takes:
- It does seem to pull a bit more which is something I do normally not like as it means it also yanks you more unhooked. However surpringly it did not. I that way it feel pretty C like, like the Best GPs I rode before the HD's. You feel powered but when you unhook it does not rip you away. Approved !
- Better relaunch, and reverse launch by pulling both backlines works like a dream. Much appreciated especially on deep waters where I sometimes had some challenges relaunching the HD
- Boosts higher, I guess due to the more pull feel.
- Pulls more in the loops.
So I am actually pretty stoked with the kites so far.

The bar: The swivel works perfectly, untangling the lines. However the CL dangles a bit more than on the old bar when trying to hook back in.

Wanna do an objective analysis here, but really dont have anything bad to say right now. I was out with my HD 14m the other day as I do not have the Dash 14m yet. Still a damn good kite !!!!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:38 am

I have the 10. After a lot back and forth I got the 10 dash. Nice kite..I've only had it out with a surfboard in onshore beach breaking waves. My take so far,..its fast and flies really well. Felt like higher aspect than the Park HD, but definitely felt like the DNA was still there. Note I did not do any side by side.

In gusty winds it does remind me of the Torch more so than the pivot, but obviously, you can depower the hell out of it. I rode it in pretty lit conditions. I have not done any significant jumping and TTing with it. I am still nursing an injury so that might take some time (I am still going out about 4-6 months before my doctor told me it was okay so I will not push it any further).

I did drop it in the waves and it relaunced fast. I pulled the back line and up it went.I don;t think this has been a problem on the Parks either tho. It felt powerful, but I really have no good grounds for comparison. Other people were on 14 to 7. I am a "bigger" guy and had a 5'10'' global out.

In addition...holy shit how much fun kiteboarding is.

sweisburd
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 92 kg
Local Beach: Rosario, Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Rosario, Melincué, Pinamar, Punta del Este, Cariló.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Naish Pivot 9 & Naish Dash 12. Naish Monarch 142- Naish Hover 142 Jet foil Wing 1050

Postby sweisburd » Fri May 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Anyone made further test of this kite? I´m interested to buy one, but I´m not sure to change my RPM´s to Dashes.... Thank you very much.

saban
Rare Poster
Gear: Rpm 12/8

Postby saban » Sat May 27, 2017 3:55 am

I just swapped my RPMs 2014 with Dash. So far had only two sessions on them but i like them. Loops are definitively more powerfull then RPM, and it has more direct feeling compared to RPM. And Dash boosts better then RPM, i broke my woo record with it. ;)

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 am

I've had the Dash out again with a TT and then in surf again. It was in side on for surf...it turns great and flies well with the wave.
This kite seems more aggressive than the HD, tho I did not try it side by side. I like it. It handled very well high winds...and it definitely jumps pretty aggressively.

Return to “Kitesurfing”