Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

New Naish Dash

forum for kitesurfers
Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 560
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:26 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Varna,Bulgaria
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby Ludmil » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Hi all,
I am seriously considering to change my beloved Torchs w/ Dash this year.
I think to get 14 and 11 to ride with boots mostly but also to use the 11 for light wind and wave board as I have smaller wave kite.
The Torches I am going to swap are also 14 and 11.
Do you think that they'll match the Torch ranges or l can squeeze some more?
Or 12 and 9?
Does anyone tried 14m Dash? How does it feels compared with the Torch same size?
Thanks!
L.

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10186
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Ludmil wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:12 pm
Hi all,
I am seriously considering to change my beloved Torchs w/ Dash this year.
I think to get 14 and 11 to ride with boots mostly but also to use the 11 for light wind and wave board as I have smaller wave kite.
The Torches I am going to swap are also 14 and 11.
Do you think that they'll match the Torch ranges or l can squeeze some more?
Or 12 and 9?
Does anyone tried 14m Dash? How does it feels compared with the Torch same size?
Thanks!
L.
Hey I have not tried the 14, nor the torch side by side with it.
So how I remember the 14 torch it was really powerful for a c.
As much as I like the torch...that kite is just too gnarly for me. I also ride in gusty spots and it just becomes a bit too much work.
The 10 is the only one I have of the Dash...but it feels intuitively like it has more power than torch. Btw. you'll recognize the Torch DNA when you look at it, but much much better range and less power in the loops. I am getting a lot of love from the 10 dash both in onshore wave riding and with my TT.

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby BudhaNl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:54 pm

Anyone care to comment on the Dash low end versus the Pivot in the same size?

Strekke
Frequent Poster
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:56 pm
Kiting since: 2007
Gear: 2016 North Mono 12m, 2017 Naish Dash 10 & 8, 2018 Naish Slash 6 & 9, Firewire Vader, 5'2, 2017 F-One Acid, 2017 Sroka Freeride Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby Strekke » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Haven't ridden them back to back in the same session, but I have ridden the Pivot a few times and I think it is more park 'n ride / sheet 'n go type of kite, so probably a gruntier feel and an "easier to achieve"-low end. Dash you need to move to generate power, but once it gets going, it pulls nicely and points far upwind, so for its type of kite it has great efficiency/low end. Dash is a nice kite, but really excels when ridden powered up, so if you're looking to ride mostly underpowered, size up or get a different type of kite like the Pivot.

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Thing is, my 'big' kite is a Pivot 10m 2015, which I like for its low end but I find it slow turning, especially for waveriding, even on the fastest steering line setting. So I was wondering whether I can get away with an equal size Dash in terms of low end and gain a quicker kite for the small waves. Having to work the kite is not an issue.

BudhaNl
Medium Poster
Posts: 194
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:03 pm
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Pivot 5-7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby BudhaNl » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Anyone can compare Dash to Pivot lowend?

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10186
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:36 pm

BudhaNl wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 pm
Anyone can compare Dash to Pivot lowend?
I think the pivot will edge this one. I didn't use the same size side by side and the dash is no slouch..but I would primarily look at other qualities. Dash like to be ridden a bit more active. The pivot can be ridden actively, but also works really well just keeping it stable. Both kites have great range.

Abel1986
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: zaragoza (la loteta)
Favorite Beaches: Caños de meca
Style: Big air y freestyle
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby Abel1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

Hola a todos, es mi primer comentario por este foro, y querria saber la opinion sobre un tema en concreto, la dash 6 metros.
Cuando probe por primera vez este modelo, me enamoré, y he acabado comprando todas mis medidas en este modelo, 6, 8, 10 y 12. Practico dos modalidades, big air y freestyle, tanto enganchado como desenganchado, y las medidas 8, 10 y 12, tras usarlas y hacerme a ellas, he pasado de estar enamorado a pedirles matrimonio, el problema lo tengo con la 6m, que no sólo no reacciona igual que sus hermanas mayores, si no que es incontrolable, ya que si la potencio para dar un buen salto, se ahoga, y si no lo hago e intento centrarme mas en el corte, no me saca con potencia y además lo hace de una forma muy descontrolada. He intentado diferentes medidas de linea (20, 22 y 24), y no hay manera de hacerme con ella. Con el kite que tenia de 6 anteriormente no me pasaba este problema.
Alguien tiene la dash en 6m? Os ocurre este problema?

User avatar
Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 38216
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2001 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.
Location: World (KF Admin)
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 112 times
Contact:

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby Toby » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm

English please Abel!

https://translate.google.com

Hello everyone, is my first comment on this forum, and I would like to know the opinion on a specific topic, the 6 meter dash.
When I try this model for the first time, I fell in love, and I ended up buying all my measurements on this model, 6, 8, 10 and 12. I practice two modalities, big air and freestyle, both hooked and unhooked, and the measures 8, 10 and 12, after using them and doing to them, I have gone from being in love to asking for marriage, the problem I have with the 6m, which not only does not react the same as their older sisters, but it is uncontrollable, since if the potency for take a good leap, drown, and if I do not do it and try to focus more on the cut, I do not get power and also does it in a very uncontrolled way. I have tried different line measurements (20, 22 and 24), and there is no way to get hold of it. With the kite that I had of 6 previously, this problem did not happen to me.
Does anyone have the dash in 6m? Is this problem happening to you?

User avatar
tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 10186
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Oahu
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Contact:

Re: New Naish Dash

Postby tautologies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm

Abel1986 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm
Hola a todos, es mi primer comentario por este foro, y querria saber la opinion sobre un tema en concreto, la dash 6 metros.
Cuando probe por primera vez este modelo, me enamoré, y he acabado comprando todas mis medidas en este modelo, 6, 8, 10 y 12. Practico dos modalidades, big air y freestyle, tanto enganchado como desenganchado, y las medidas 8, 10 y 12, tras usarlas y hacerme a ellas, he pasado de estar enamorado a pedirles matrimonio, el problema lo tengo con la 6m, que no sólo no reacciona igual que sus hermanas mayores, si no que es incontrolable, ya que si la potencio para dar un buen salto, se ahoga, y si no lo hago e intento centrarme mas en el corte, no me saca con potencia y además lo hace de una forma muy descontrolada. He intentado diferentes medidas de linea (20, 22 y 24), y no hay manera de hacerme con ella. Con el kite que tenia de 6 anteriormente no me pasaba este problema.
Alguien tiene la dash en 6m? Os ocurre este problema?
You feel it turns too fast? The only time I have seen kites lose power is when they are oversheeted. What happens if you sheet out a bit and whip it around to get some power? Or is it power while jumping? I am not sure. I just read Toby's translation, so not sure if I can help here.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alfredo68, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Tony in FL and 15 guests

cron