Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Forum for kitesurfers
apollo4000
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Camber / Lancing / Whitstable
Favorite Beaches: The next one
Style: trying hard
Gear: All sorts
Brand Affiliation: Nope. Just a regular Joe.

Re: You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Postby apollo4000 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pm

I guess it’s a case of buyer beware. There are some great deals to be had from this website but you get a unique service and back orders can take weeks or months. No reason not to use the website but know what you’re getting into first.
These users thanked the author apollo4000 for the post (total 2):
zlatko23 (Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:27 pm) • Kitedicted (Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:31 pm)
Rating: 6.06%

Delta99
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Stockholm
Style: Freeride
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Delta99 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:11 pm

Been a customer there for years. Price/Performance-ratio is great. You will get your stuff, don't worry it just takes some extra time for some items. You get the best price possible, all you need to do is to be a bit patient. If speed and security of On-time delivery is priority you can pay 30% extra elsewhere and get it quickly. Knowing this I'm quite relaxed about not getting things for 5-6 weeks and no communication, but I adapt and wait and always get my stuff. And if there ever was a problem with an item I've always always been upgraded to a newer or fancier product. Love them!
These users thanked the author Delta99 for the post:
zlatko23 (Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:23 pm)
Rating: 3.03%

Onda
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Baltic Sea / North Sea (Germany)
Favorite Beaches: Wijk aan Zee (NL)
Ouddorp (NL)
Norre Vorupor (DK)
Heiligenhafen (DE)
Style: strictly unstrapped, mainly foiling
Gear: Slingshot / Infexion / Alpine / F-One / CORE / Firewire / Duotone

Postby Onda » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:17 pm

They are very unreliable, unfortunately.
Wanted to buy a 2020 surfboard model which was in their online shop (very good price!).
Went there (I live in that area) and asked for that board. After about 10 minutes of "research" the guy came back to me and said: "Ehhh sorry, this product is actually not available, we have to delete it from our shop."
If someone would have ordered that online, the trouble would have begun ;-)
However, they offered me to buy the current 2021 model (which was released just some days ago) for 30 % off the official price. Very kind. But I want the 2020 model…

And if you try to reach out to them via phone / mobile / WhatsApp: Forget it. My experience is that they simply never, never answer.
These users thanked the author Onda for the post:
Leon van Bergen (Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:23 pm)

matanshapira
Medium Poster

Postby matanshapira » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 pm

chased them for weeks before I got any response regarding my order,very bad experience

adorolamoto65
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2019
Weight: 80
Gear: north
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby adorolamoto65 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:00 pm

I had a very very bad experience with the 'kite love' shop. Paid for a rrd kiteboard more than two weeks ago, I never received it. After two weeks of silence from them, despite my mails, now they say they will have it sent 'from rrd Italy'. But if the board wasn't available two weeks ago they should have told me in first place! And why two weeks of no cummunication at all? I asked to have my money back, otherwise I will go to the police. And they say german people are correct and organized....
Paolo

Barryg101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa, Obidos & Brouwersdam
Favorite Beaches: Dahkla
Style: Freestyle , Big Air & Megaloops
Gear: Eleveight FS & Cabrinha FX

Postby Barryg101 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:03 pm

I have bought lots of gear from this store and honestly never had a problem with them. I just ordered some new gear and was shipped 2 days later with tracking and all very clear.

Asked about delivery time to just be sure and they responded later that evening. It seems to me a great store with the cheapest prices available.

Are you sure you contacted the right e mail address?

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:37 pm

I have bought from Gerrit over the years....very mixed results, generally taking weeks to months to turn up and near impossible to contact. Last summer I had to do a paypal resolution and claw my money back after a few months. I believe Paypal have blacklisted them now, hence bank card details only. Beware...!

fguinda
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sotogrande, Spain
Tarifa, Spain
Estepona, Spain
Style: Straplesss
Gear: Slingshot

Postby fguinda » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:46 am

my friend buys everything here, always has many many problems, specially regarding stock issues. He buys last years kites, never have them in stock so they give him this years new kites at the same price (with big discount)...so for him, emails and comlpliants are worth it.

DVPgel
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Weight: 80kg
Style: Just for fun. Try to jump high.
Gear: Naish Pivot (2020) 7,9,12
Lieuwe Shotgun (136*40,5) with Slingshot Dually
Ion Radar

Postby DVPgel » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:26 pm

I bought a kite there once years ago. Had to ask several times before it was shipped. Each time I did not receive an answer.
So I asked for things several times. I never received an answer. For this reason alone I will never order from them. (But there were also other stores that do not see it as necessary to answer to inquiries. But this way I can select where I buy and where not)
By the way. Service is actually more important to me than necessarily getting the best price.

magnusod
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West coast Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Phan Rang, Kingfisher
Style: Waves
Gear: North Charge, Duotone Fish SLS, Gong Allvator Curve, Naish Slash, Naish Boxer

Postby magnusod » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Delta99 wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:11 pm
Been a customer there for years. Price/Performance-ratio is great. You will get your stuff, don't worry it just takes some extra time for some items. You get the best price possible, all you need to do is to be a bit patient. If speed and security of On-time delivery is priority you can pay 30% extra elsewhere and get it quickly. Knowing this I'm quite relaxed about not getting things for 5-6 weeks and no communication, but I adapt and wait and always get my stuff. And if there ever was a problem with an item I've always always been upgraded to a newer or fancier product. Love them!
It's been exactly the same for me except I think their email communication is excellent. Ordered wetsuits, rashguards etc. The only thing I would hesitate to order is a surfboard in case it would get damaged during transport and since it's difficult to get in touch with them.

Just ordered Ion 2019 gloves almost two weeks ago. You instantly gets confirmation from your purchase.

The same day I got a second email.

We have news regarding your order XXXXX dated 30-10-2020.
A part is short term just out of our stock and has therefore to be reordered at our supplier.
This can result in a slight delay of the delivery time. Usually the goods arrive in 3-4 working days at our store.
We will off course keep you informed.

3 days later I get this email.

The status of your order with order number XXXXX dated 30-10-2020 has changed. It has now been completed.
We have handed over your parcel to the courier.
You find your tracking number when you access your account on our website with a desktop computer (you can NOT see the number with your smartphone).

The gloves arrives 6 days later weekend included...and YES it was 2020 gloves. I checked the website again and the 2019 was no longer available so it seems that they update whenever they find out they are out of stock.
These users thanked the author magnusod for the post:
zlatko23 (Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:35 pm)

Return to “Kitesurfing”