Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Forum for kitesurfers
Gpet78
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: You love it - SUP and kite shop in Dusseldorf - Do not buy!

Postby Gpet78 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:54 am

One more warning about them, I have bought 2 times from them not having any problem but the third time I decided to buy from them it was a big disaster and tragedy for me. After almost 2 months of wait and not being able able to properly contact with them, I had to take another TT kiteboard than the one I ordered so that I don't lose my money because they did not give me my money back (credit card) payment. So a big warning here: MANY OF THE GOODS (which are seemingly great deals and attractive as they are high quality products) THEY LIST THEY DON'T HAVE THEM AND CANNOT BE DELIVERED BUT THEY ON PURPOSE KEEP THEM IN THE ESHOP SO WHENEVER SOMEONE MAKES AN ORDER THEY TAKE THE MONEY AND MAKE THEM BUY SOMETHING ELSE THEY NEVER INTENDED TO BUY FROM THE SHITTY LEFTOVERS THEY HAVE IN STOCK. And that's how their business model works all these years and that's how they make a profit.

If I ever visit Dusseldorf I will definitely pay them a visit and throw a bag full of diarrhea all over the “shop”. That's all I have to say, I feel better now although I must now make an add and try sell with a minimum loss of money the crapy TT board they forced me to take.

stevet25
Rare Poster
Local Beach: West Cornwall
Has thanked: 0

Postby stevet25 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:11 pm

Ordered a wetsuit at a good price, excellent communications, arrived from Germany to UK in less than a week despite Brexit.

Exemplary!

luca
Frequent Poster

Postby luca » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 pm

Just bought a Naish Boxer 2019 in year 2020. It wasn’t in stock and I received the actual 2020 one for the same price -40% :D

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 am

luca wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:26 pm
Just bought a Naish Boxer 2019 in year 2020. It wasn’t in stock and I received the actual 2020 one for the same price -40% :D
So if I order a 2021 Juice, shown available in all 3 sizes and 5 colours (15 items!) while not available anywhere else in sizes other than 17 and in just one colour, I might get a Juice DLab for the same price (that's 37% off)?!
Few days ago you posted that you just got a DLab, is this the trick?

Yes, we know that quite a few people have received newer or other models after few months emailing, calling and being frustrated, but that just shows how unreliable this shop is. Btw, lonasport belongs to Gerrit too.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211005_081714.jpg

BillyGoatGruff
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Gear: Naish Torch's & Dash

Postby BillyGoatGruff » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:34 am

I have used them in the past, never again! They lost their Paypal account about 2 years ago, I'm pretty sure that's was due to the amount of claims/charge backs. It's a total gamble what you might get sent and when, god forbid you have a warranty issue with them!... My kites did all turn up but some were several weeks/months late.

luca
Frequent Poster

Postby luca » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 am

nixmatters wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:28 am
luca wrote:
So if I order a 2021 Juice, shown available in all 3 sizes and 5 colours (15 items!) while not available anywhere else in sizes other than 17 and in just one colour, I might get a Juice DLab for the same price (that's 37% off)?!

Yes, we know that quite a few people have received newer or other models after few months emailing, calling and being frustrated, but that just shows how unreliable this shop is. Btw, lonasport belongs to Gerrit too.
No you have to order the 2020 Juice to get the 2021 one :D Ther DLAB is sold out everywhere at the moment.
I just ordered two times in my life at youloveit. But no problems over here. The trick was to be sure to send Gerrit a whatsapp before ordering and ask if the stuff is really in stock and if he will deliver within 5 days.
But I heard often that people ordered the pre-saison stuff and got the new one.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:11 am

if you pay with credit card, you can dispute the transaction if you don't get what you paid for. I had to do this for my latest deal with them, and the credit card company took care of it (I needed to return stuff I bought, but they didn't credit my credit card). After this, my credit card company blacklisted them, well at least I couldn't buy anymore from them using the card. Loosing paypal and credit card payment routes tells you something.

nixmatters
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: freeride. started foiling, not there yet
Gear: mostly custom made
Brand Affiliation: None currently

Postby nixmatters » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:24 am

luca wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 am
nixmatters wrote:
luca wrote:

No you have to order the 2020 Juice to get the 2021 one :D Ther DLAB is sold out everywhere at the moment.
I just ordered two times in my life at youloveit. But no problems over here. The trick was to be sure to send Gerrit a whatsapp before ordering and ask if the stuff is really in stock and if he will deliver within 5 days.
Come on luca, your above comment is as irresponsible to the community as what this guy is doing!
I just pointed out that there is absolutely no chance that they have these 2021 kites in stock, or are able to get them (Juice is out of stock at Duotone since months) and you are telling me 'order the 2020 Juice to get the 2021 one' ?!

Havre
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Oslo
Favorite Beaches: Jericoacoara (area) & Cabarete
Gear: Ozone Edge v11 13m, Ozone Edge v11 9m, Ozone Zephyr 17m, Ozone Enduro v1 12m, Ozone Enduro v1 9m, HQ Topaz 7m, Shinn Ronson Player, Mystic Majestic X Harness, Mystic Stealth Bar

Postby Havre » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 am

It does, but they are also a massive shop with a homepage in 3 languages. Which tells you something else.

Looking at Google reviews it is mostly 5 stars with some 1 stars. It seems like their biggest issue is not updating what is in stock or not. So if you end up buying something that looks like is in stock, but isn't you might have an issue.

luca
Frequent Poster

Postby luca » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:42 am

nixmatters wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:24 am
luca wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 am
nixmatters wrote:

Come on luca, your above comment is as irresponsible to the community as what this guy is doing!
I just pointed out that there is absolutely no chance that they have these 2021 kites in stock, or are able to get them (Juice is out of stock at Duotone since months) and you are telling me 'order the 2020 Juice to get the 2021 one' ?!
Its ironic. But I personally and some friends experienced that this is something they are doing too... I know they are having a lot of trouble with many customers. There are better shops out there like king of watersports or so with often the same offers. But now they are out of the EU.
YLI is really big and friends of mine told me their shop looks like warehouse from the brands. They are also known for buying up all the manufacturers remaining stocks at once. In general I think they are totally understaffed and bad organized.

Return to “Kitesurfing”