Starsky
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core Kite safety question

Postby Starsky » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Shut the f*** up you stupid little piss ant.

F- one currently still use a mini 5th.

You are such a stupid little punk ass bitch. You come on here and it doesn't matter what thread it is. You f*** the place up with your ignorance and aggression. I'm super sick of it. Every single post you make is so full of yourself and at the same time so full of shit. Your a complete newb at this game and you do nothing but talk flack. With bulshit responses like: now you'll get glass in your eye as well as a foil. What the f***? How mutherfucking stupid are you? It doesn't matter what safety standard you wanna go looking into, shades are simply not an eye hazard, end of story. How about this thread there cock block? You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, but sure as shit you'll come wading back about how bad I'm making myself look and how you are 100% right, and just trying to have a conversation. Well here is your conversation you little 140 pound piece of shit. YOU ARE THE VILLAGE IDIOT! Yeah, you and you alone. Doesn't take very long for someone to come along and take up the mantle. The place has had a run of em, and right now, your the title holder. So say whatever the stupid I love you want, but your a numbskull. We all know it, and sadly that is all that is left to do in this place. Debate shit holes like yourself.

I'm so done with this forum. You and your kind are to blame for even the online devolution of this great sport.

Have a shit day, you stupid little retard.

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear

Postby knotwindy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:53 pm

LFaK. What is wrong with you? Any chance you could let the adults here help the op?

PullStrings
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: LEI's & Surfboards

Postby PullStrings » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:15 am

@Starsky that was the BEST reply EVER on KF about the annoying know it all rookie LFAK

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Postby edt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:00 am

stars just a small correction. From what I have read from the kite manufacturers and designers it was NOT the safety issue which caused them to switch from mini-5th to single center line flagging. From what I heard I believe many of the kite manufacturers were perfectly happy with how their bridles worked with the mini-5th. The real problem (which I'm sure you've heard before) is that a mini-5th constrains the kite design. There are a lot of kite designs which point blank will never work on a mini-5th, for instance, certain no-pulley fixed bridle kites, certain short bridle kites, for them you can hit the QR and on a mini-5th the kite will still fly and in fact pull almost like a C kite would if you tried to release it to a mini-5th. Because of this, kite manufacturers realized there would be some point that they would have to switch over to single center line, just because otherwise they would be limited in their kite designs. Basically kite manufacturers would have to switch to single line flagging sooner or later, whenever they reached the point where they had a kite in their lineup that wouldn't flag properly on a mini-5th. That said, the core is a supported single frontline safety which sits almost halfway between the mini-5th and the single line flagging system. It is supposed to flag out completely on the single line but the other center line is supposed to tilt the kite and bring it into a relaunch ready position. I think it's a wacky idea but theoretically I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not sure I'm interested in demoing the core control bars tho because they have that twist system which is incredibly annoying if you are trying wakestyle tricks. You grab the control bar and half the time you accidentally untwist it and the kite releases just when you hook back in. So I'll let others demo that control bar.

I'm curious if other core kiters have seen any problems with the single supported flagging system, that is the problem the original poster mentioned where it still pulls when you hit the QR.

Are you missing something spaceracer? That's a good question. Core claims to have their cake and eat it too with that supported single front line QR, it is supposed to both relaunch easy and dump all the power. Seems too good to be true but only someone who regularly flags on that bar can tell us for sure.

sarc
Very Frequent Poster

Postby sarc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:44 am

A little pull on your lines is a good thing when you are winding them in the water. Otherwise the slack lines float around you and there's a good chance you will get tangled on your arms/legs, especially if there's any waves/chop. There's a reason why all these self-rescue videos are on flat waist-deep water. I say don't worry about your safety.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish duotone cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Postby edt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:25 am

I like all my safeties to work exactly the same way. Release correctly if it's nuking or barely windy. I have been stuck against the sea wall many times before in very light wind conditions where there's not enough wind to keep the kite in the air but enough wind to drag that kite right into the sea wall if it still pulls "a little". There's also the problem of a "little pull" in 20 knots translating into getting yarded when you have to hit the QR when it's blowing 60+ knots. I don't mind if other people like their safeties to have a little pull but for me? If the kites pulls even a little bit I part up the bar and buy a new one. If the QR requires any amount of force I part it up. If the QR only goes off if you yank on the lines. There are control bars out there that are perfectly well behaved. Work every time, with a light touch, in nuking conditions down to just a whisper, so I don't feel like I have to compromise. I understand others like other kinds of bars, that's ok too, but for me, if it pulls after a QR release, I part it up or sell it.

I know a lot of people test their QRs on land and it doesn't work, something sticks, the kite doesn't flag, something goes wrong, and they tell me "Oh it will work when I really need it. Just not windy enough to really test it today." I would throw that bar out.

jeromeL
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Longisland NY
Style: freestyle
Gear: Fone Bandit 2014 12m^2, 2015 9, 2015 7, 2015 14
Best GP 2015 9m
Star Sirius V2 12m
Nobile Fity/50 138cm
Naish Apex bindings.
Zeeko Green and White + Shinn El Stubbo

Postby jeromeL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:34 am

Yep I confirm that fone flags in relaunch position, literally kite can sit on its wingtip with no tension in steering line. Or if it's straight downwind it still holds some power.

Though I'm pretty sure that core flags out 100%, occasionally it might not if wind is light,you might need to give a few tugs on flag line so it flags?

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Starsky wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:35 pm
Shut the f*** up you stupid little piss ant.

F- one currently still use a mini 5th.

You are such a stupid little punk ass bitch. You come on here and it doesn't matter what thread it is. You f*** the place up with your ignorance and aggression. I'm super sick of it. Every single post you make is so full of yourself and at the same time so full of shit. Your a complete newb at this game and you do nothing but talk flack. With bulshit responses like: now you'll get glass in your eye as well as a foil. What the f***? How mutherfucking stupid are you? It doesn't matter what safety standard you wanna go looking into, shades are simply not an eye hazard, end of story. How about this thread there cock block? You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground, but sure as shit you'll come wading back about how bad I'm making myself look and how you are 100% right, and just trying to have a conversation. Well here is your conversation you little 140 pound piece of shit. YOU ARE THE VILLAGE IDIOT! Yeah, you and you alone. Doesn't take very long for someone to come along and take up the mantle. The place has had a run of em, and right now, your the title holder. So say whatever the stupid I love you want, but your a numbskull. We all know it, and sadly that is all that is left to do in this place. Debate shit holes like yourself.

I'm so done with this forum. You and your kind are to blame for even the online devolution of this great sport.

Have a shit day, you stupid little retard.
NOPE! WRONG AGAIN!!

Mini 5th are going to flag out on their wingtip, that's not the relaunch position. If it was in the relaunch position then you would not need to reset your bar. You are still wrong but the only difference is you have also proven how big of a child you are that also calls people names when you can't get your way. And I will not sink to your stupid level and retaliate, nor do I even need to say anything else to you. You have show everyone how big of a piece of trash you are just now, and I want nothing to do with it. You have dug your own grave. :nono:

Have a nice day

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm

Y'know, I never even added obnoxious twits like snobdr or flying weasel to my Foe list, but I think I might actually have a candidate who has absolutely nothing to offer except mind-numbing ignorance and unparalleled stupidity. And every single conversation would be better for completely ignoring them.

Beardytello
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2016
Local Beach: Isle of Man
Gear: North / Spleene / Ozone / CrazyFly / Mystic

Postby Beardytello » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 pm
Y'know, I never even added obnoxious twits like snobdr or flying weasel to my Foe list, but I think I might actually have a candidate who has absolutely nothing to offer except mind-numbing ignorance and unparalleled stupidity. And every single conversation would be better for completely ignoring them.
She's on mine but it's just too tempting sometimes to click and see what absolute shit she's spouted.

Typical forum troll, no point getting bent out of shape about her, best just to not bite and pretend it doesn't exist.

Return to “Kitesurfing”