Current info for Dakhla

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Re: Current info for Dakhla

Postby shawn13 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:49 am

Based on the info I think ill check out Attitude. Thanks!

Ice101
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Free ride want to branch into strapless riding and more freestyle
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Ice101 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi can you help. Looking at possibly going dahkla in October. You mention vaga bond is that a hotel do they have their own acres on the lagoon. You also mention two camps I take it vaga bond is separate from them.
For the best experience what area would you go and who did you book through?
Just want access to the lagoon not really interested in lessons as I am an experienced rider. My partner will hopefully be up and riding then too. We just want to get up and do our own thing really. Will look at vaga if that’s good. What accommodation do you get at attitude? Are they just a kite camp? Who is cheapest to book through if we did that rather than vaga?
What’s it cost from the airport to vaga? What’s the cost of kite storage at vaga and at attitude?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.

lorenz
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ostia, Rome, Italy
Style: wave
Gear: Naish Pivots
Has thanked: 0

Postby lorenz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:31 am

after the same info for similar period but interested in the waves and not the lagoon: where to stay if you want to maximize waves time?

Rob112
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer

Postby Rob112 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:48 pm

I've been a few times and been to most of the suggestions, for me the best hotel is Dakhla Club https://www.dakhlaclub.com/ by quite some way - for the lagoon anyway. For the waves, Westpoint is nice.

Rob112
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Hove
Lancing
Shoreham
Worthing
Goring
Gear: Pivot
Asylum
Mixer

Postby Rob112 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Ice101 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:26 pm
Hi can you help. Looking at possibly going dahkla in October. You mention vaga bond is that a hotel do they have their own acres on the lagoon. You also mention two camps I take it vaga bond is separate from them.
For the best experience what area would you go and who did you book through?
Just want access to the lagoon not really interested in lessons as I am an experienced rider. My partner will hopefully be up and riding then too. We just want to get up and do our own thing really. Will look at vaga if that’s good. What accommodation do you get at attitude? Are they just a kite camp? Who is cheapest to book through if we did that rather than vaga?
What’s it cost from the airport to vaga? What’s the cost of kite storage at vaga and at attitude?
Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Check out their websites. All the main hotels are right on the lagoon. Most hotels are cabins, lodges, riads. Hotels will also arrange transfers for you.

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:32 am

I loved my stay at Attitude. Really great relaxed vibe. Good spot on the lagoon. I stayed at wind hunter and would stay there again as I enjoyed being slightly away from the main area, where its nice & quiet.
You can't store kites inflated overnight, but there's compressors there so it takes seconds to inflate them each day. I stored my kit in my bungalow each night. There's a wake board cable, pump track, and trampoline for entertainment, but not much else from what I recall. The food was spot on.
You can book direct with Attitude, see their website. That's what I did and it was very straightforward.

Vagabond is all the way up at the top of the lagoon - I kited there but didn't visit the place itself. The lagoon was a bit quieter, and slightly flatter, but also quite a bit narrower up at the top. I preferred the water conditions at Attitude.
Dakhla Club is next door to Attitude. I did visit there but have not stayed there. There facility is a bit smarter and newer, and the rooms look a fair bit more up market, and there's a pool. I don't know what the vibe is like there though.

Take a look at the stars in the middle of the night there - I've never seen anything like it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”