Albania

Forum for kitesurfers
athen
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Albania

Postby athen » Tue May 16, 2017 4:03 pm

Hello dear Kitesurfers :D

I would like to have some true feedbacks (if any of you can help on this) about kitesurfing conditions and possibilities in Albania.

I have heard Albania has plenty of wide beaches, with good winds and some kitesurf centers around the territory to have support.

Do you know anything about this country and kitesurf feasibility?
I am looking to spend a "cheap" holiday in Europe or very near to Europe, to enjoy kitesurf as much as possibile during 2 or 3 weeks, but my budget is really small :( . That's why I looked for some sea spots near Europe and I found Albania as a good option.

What do you think? Any real/true feedback you can give me would help me a lot,
thanks guys!

downunder
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: building my own

Re: Albania

Postby downunder » Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 am

Hello

why not using a Search? Plenty posts there...

mass898
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2018
Weight: 80
Local Beach: Bredene
Favorite Beaches: Oesterdam
Style: freeride
Gear: Duotone rebel 6-9m
Evo SLS 11m
Lieuwe Shotgun 138x41
Epic Oxygen 135x47

Postby mass898 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:51 am

i have to disagree about the statement " plenty of posts" that is why I allow myself to UP a bit this old thread.

Does any of you know if there is any wind in summer?

Heard they have thermal wind, but not too sure.

Thanks!

or6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 81
Local Beach: Wijk aan zee, Zandmotor, Hoek and in between
Favorite Beaches: Muriwai NZ, El Medano Tenerife, la Ventana México, Hood River, Portland area, Vancouver Island, Wijk aan Zee, Moulay Bouzerktoun
Style: Waveriding
Gear: RRD Religion 4 meter, 5 and 7 meter Kauper XT Maverick, 9 meter Core GTS6, Ben Wilson Vibe 9, Peter Lynn Phantom v2 9, Appletree Klokhouse Noseless 5'3", Wanted Pure 6'0", Shinn Bronq Heritage, Gong Foil

Postby or6 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:38 pm

I spent 4 weeks there in Summer (august, basically) some years ago. I had a great time, and it is a cheap destination indeed. I wouldn't call it a kiting destination, though. Brought gear, didn't use it. Spent most of my time at either a beach or a lake. Mind you...I didn't go hunting for the right spot, since I was with my familiy incl. young children...but I'd still say it's not a kiting destination anyway. I spent several days at Velipojë, supposedly a kitespot (according to the internet anyway) but that was far from suitable. And no wind.

Maybe somebody will rectify me :-)

Or6

P.S. Foiling didn't really exist then, yet...who knows. I don't.

merl
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: HF

Postby merl » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:28 pm

Was there with gear a couple of summers ago. You maybe found old posts where I was asking about kiting. Similar story to or6. I went out once on a foil in 8knots wind otherwise the gear stayed in the bag. Basically it is not a kiting destination. But an awesome place to visit - inexpensive and safe and some great stuff to see, but no reliable wind. Further evidence: there were loads of paragliders!

Return to “Kitesurfing”