Naish Stomp 142
Nobile XTR
Nobile Zen Split Foil Board
Zeeko Blaster, Spitfire (Normal & XLW)
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Introducing BbTalkin - Waterproof Communication Device

Postby Sun » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:32 am

Super thread necromancy.

How are these units these days? Have they improved, gotten worse, or about the same? Thinking of getting a pair for my wife and I. She is well past water starting and is riding confidently and successfully in all directions in most conditions, so this is for coaching through toe side and jumps, or just for staying in touch in the water.

Is the battery life really 10 hours plus, or not?

How waterproof/durable have the units been? Anything to avoid, or any tips for maintenance?

I assume they are generally good because they are still on the market, and I really have not heard too much bad about them. Just wanting to ask in this thread to see if anybody has any recent experience.

Are the surf hats any good? Are they comfy, do they stay on in crashes, or are the helmets a better choice?

Pera
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2004
Local Beach: Bygdin Lagune. The mountains in Norway
Style: Freeride,big air, gliding
Gear: Cabrinha Switchblades 2015, 2016, 2020
Cabrinha Ace Wood 2018
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Introducing BbTalkin - Waterproof Communication Device

Postby Pera » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:39 am

Sun wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:32 am
Super thread necromancy.

How are these units these days? Have they improved, gotten worse, or about the same? Thinking of getting a pair for my wife and I. She is well past water starting and is riding confidently and successfully in all directions in most conditions, so this is for coaching through toe side and jumps, or just for staying in touch in the water.

Is the battery life really 10 hours plus, or not?

How waterproof/durable have the units been? Anything to avoid, or any tips for maintenance?

I assume they are generally good because they are still on the market, and I really have not heard too much bad about them. Just wanting to ask in this thread to see if anybody has any recent experience.

Are the surf hats any good? Are they comfy, do they stay on in crashes, or are the helmets a better choice?
Still waiting for my Milos. Maybe this is a better choice when/if they arrives.https://www.okmilo.com
These users thanked the author Pera for the post:
SENDIT! (Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:09 pm)
Rating: 6.67%

Return to “Kitesurfing”