Local Beach: Kite Point/Princeton Point, Robinson's Island
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8M Takoon Chrono
10M Ocean Rodeo Razor
12 Switch Nitro
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best bankrupt?

Postby Donniehall14 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:21 am

Can anyone give an update of the status of the company? Seems like everything is still on clearance with them promising new gear in 2019. Can anyone confirm?

Matteo V
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Matteo V » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Best is in debt.
Best has not yet even paid off their previous employees.
Best designer is gone and has already started his own brand with previous employee's who did not get paid from Best.
No team riders promoting Best gear.
Best website having a "fire sale" on gear.
No 2019 gear for sale 4 months after it should have come out.
Website only partially maintained to keep up appearances of Best still being in business so buyers think the warranty will still be good.
Some posts here and there saying receipt of ordered goods, and some saying no receipt of ordered goods.

Anybody have any recollection of "good news" in the last 6 months on Best? I don't. But this my best summary of this thread.

The BIG question you have to ask yourself is, 'If half of the above is true, how could a brand name ever come back from that?'

The LITTLE question you have to ask yourself is, 'Why am I so desperate for this brand name to be viable?' There are just so many other kite COREporations out there that want to take your money that you have a wonderful incentive to try something new.

Kitetwin-1
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle point
The BlueWater Bridge
Brights Grove
Favorite Beaches: Cuba cayo Guillermo
Turks Long Bay
Hatteras of course
St Lucia
Style: Free ride and foiling
Gear: Cabrinha

Postby Kitetwin-1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:34 am

Well said Matteo V, From a long time Best customer who has moved on but cannot look away.....

anthohopk70
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cornwall beaches
Style: Waves
Gear: Naish & Ozone

Postby anthohopk70 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Hi Matteo, you are completely right... Looks like they are in a survival mode. When I look at the colors they used for this year, they look very similar to the 2015 models... I am sure something was going on with the old factory and using some old material or whatever... Looks like they also only produced some sizes, they never had a complete stock, they have communicate on the Roca but this kite never showed up... I think best is definitely fucked, but they don't want to admit it. They won't survive to this, or reborn, they are done !

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:15 pm

anthohopk70 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:31 pm
......Looks like they are in a survival mode.
Who is left at Best to be in survival mode??? My take on it, which is definitely full of assumptions, is that there is no Best anymore. It is more likely just some company chopping up the assets and making it appear that the name still has viability, in an effort keep up the price on those assets.

JakeFarley
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 92kg
Local Beach: Florida Left Coast, USA
Favorite Beaches: Any that are not crowded.
Style: Dinosaur style (Velociraptor)
Gear: Kites: Flysurfer Speed5 21m, Soul 12m, Cabrinha 16m Xbow, 11m Xbow, Best 14m HP Nemesis, 9m Yarga C Hybrid
Boards: Crazyfly 135 x 46 Pro, Cabrinha Spoiler 140, 6' custom surfboard, 122 x 46 custom twintip
Wing foil: Naish Hover 110l, Slingwing 6.4m, F-One CWC Strike 8m, Slingshot Hover Glide Fwing (Infinity 99), Slingshot Phantasm 926 and E 990

Postby JakeFarley » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Kitetwin-1 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:34 am
Well said Matteo V, From a long time Best customer who has moved on but cannot look away.....
Same here. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 pm

That Matteo V, such a darling, she won't be happy until every kite 'CORE"poration has gone broke and she can live a solitary life knitting kites out of used condoms whilst using army surplus body armour and boots to go railriding with foil boards.
Now, I never liked Best, but, they did anchor the price of Kitesurfing and their business model annoying as it was, did attempt at least to keep the impecunious amongst you on the water, so it's not a good thing their demise, and nothing to be celebrated. However the money behind it's last incarnation was allegedly from a bottomless money pit, they just didn't like the fact that the operators, having been given access to unlimited resources couldn't give an acceptable ROTI so cut the money supply. Have they gone bust? I doubt it, more like they are trying to trade down to see how far they have to go to actually turn a profit. Not that I know or am in any position to comment really, I just think it is so totally self defeating to celebrate business failure in our sport, it's not in any of our long term interest.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 pm

JakeFarley wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:15 pm
Same here. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.
A train wreck where people are still trying to get on the train!

Go to 10:40 to see what this would really look like....in a cartoon.....that I like.

Matteo V

Postby Matteo V » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:15 pm

PinkNorthPride wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 pm
.......I just think it is so totally self defeating to celebrate business failure in our sport, it's not in any of our long term interest.
CaptainCore/GraemeF/PinkNorthPride,

Sometimes you need to weed the garden a bit. I can't imagine the things CappyCore has had to do to not get "weeded" out by Core.

PinkNorthPride wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:59 pm
That Matteo V, such a darling, she won't be happy until every kite 'CORE"poration has gone broke and she can live a solitary life knitting kites out of used condoms.....
It is interesting that a "woke" "orange man bad" "anti Trump" "NPC" and self described
CaptainCore wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 pm
people person?
would call me a "she". Do you think women are lesser than men? Are you calling me a "she" in an attempt to degrade me in some way? Can you think of any reason that your words here may be seen as just a little bigoted towards women? I am sure this is all in jest, but you may want to clarify that given the state of free speech in your country.

Massivemick
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bantham, UK
Style: freeride
Gear: Best TS 7 & 8m
Best Roca 10 & 12m
Best Armada TT

Postby Massivemick » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:49 pm

See below link to the new Best Roca V3 :D