Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

End of July / beginning of August reco?

Forum for kitesurfers
Mike101
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Camber sands
Gear: RS 9m 12m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: End of July / beginning of August reco?

Postby Mike101 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:10 am

If your in Europe the top spots are essaouira Morocco, tarifa Spain and a good few spots in Egypt. Tenerife is good for nightlife and has good wind. You have plenty of options! Enjoy!

TracyS
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Cabarete!
Style: freestyle, directional, foil
Gear: 2018 Cabrinha FX 8 and 10 m
Brand Affiliation: Dare2fly Kiteboarding School

Re: End of July / beginning of August reco?

Postby TracyS » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:29 am

marysia wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:17 pm
TracyS wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 am
Just putting it out there...I live in Cabarete and love it here. It was my dream to go to Brazil for years. I went. It as NOT my thing.
Where in Brazil did you go? I went twice (Cumbuco and NW from Cumbuco) and so far it's my favorite destination. The wind is so consistent
I went to Cumbuco, Taiba, and Jeri.

I think I am just spoiled here in Cabarete. Everything here is right on the beach. We have wind 250-300 days per year. I would say 17knots is the average. The water is nice pretty blue and on kite beach not really that choppy. We have a river about 5 minutes away for flat water and it costs about $2 to get there.

To get to Brazil it was 36 hours in flights for me :shake: . I was not stoked about $40 buggy rides to/fro the lagoon. It was WAY too windy for me (135lb girl) on my 8m, and honestly I am not interested in riding anything smaller for freestyle. The lagoons were super crowded. It was weird to me that beginners were right in the middle learning, especially considering the lagoons are not that big. The ocean was not crowded but was SUPER choppy. First time kiting that I had knee pain after riding in the ocean. It was a pain to get money because of the lack of banks and ATMs.

I feel super ungrateful for saying it was not for me. I just had watched videos from Brazil since I started riding and it was always my dream to go. When I started doing raley to blind I wanted to go there to perfect handle passes. After a month there, I came home with the same tricks I left with. Dreams dashed!! Most of my friends here in Cab told me I woudn't like it. I think it is like the Apple vs PC war, everyone has a fave, no one is right because it's all about perspective :cool2:

Return to “Kitesurfing”